Burn a 800MB (90min) cd using Nero

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailendra

Journeyman
Hi
I bought a couple of 800MB cd-r 's from a shop. This is the first time i am trying to burn a 800MB capacity cd. Problem is Nero doesn't seem to support the media. My writer is a LG GLC-8525B with a maximum of 52x writing speed. Nero version is 6.3.0.2.
The media is branded as Amkette 24x 90 min (800MB)
What should i do? Any clues?

theraven

Technomancer
well as far as i know u have to enable overburn in ur software
it wont detect ur cd being 90 min .. u just have to select overburn .. and put in 90 min/ 800 mb of data in ..
there was a small discussion on this earlier
wait for i_w_m or JAK to answer .. i think one of them explained the whole thing

OP
S

sailendra

Journeyman
thanks raven
I already tried that option. After I click burn, the cd is ejected with the message:
There is not enough space to burn this compilation onto this disc. Please insert another disc that provides mor space. :roll:

theraven

Technomancer
well ive never overburnt so im sorry :(
still will try to think on it
once my friend bought 90min cds .. the instructions were on the pack
well i guess u didnt get that
again ... try searching the forum ... or wait for jak to reply
sorry again

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Here's the thread raven is probably referring to:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3792

LOL ! Me and JAK had a big argument in that thread ..........lol.

jnpandya

Broken In
You can change the default cd storage limit from File - Preferences - General by changing the markers' limits to 80 miniutes and then enebling overburning in the expert features.

JAK

What the Heck !
sailendra said:
thanks raven
I already tried that option. After I click burn, the cd is ejected with the message:
There is not enough space to burn this compilation onto this disc. Please insert another disc that provides mor space. :roll:

Hmmm...

Select "No multi Session" and Burn with "DAO"mode(Disk at Once).... :wink:

and ya enable overburnin first like
Theraven mentioned

u cannot over burn mutisession disks and/or use any other burnin mode(SAO or TAO) for overburnin..... :wink:

EDIT: Replaced Check --> Select

theraven

Technomancer
blade_runner said:
LOL ! Me and JAK had a big argument in that thread ..........lol.
yup thats the one
jnpandya said:
You can change the default cd storage limit from File - Preferences - General by changing the markers' limits to 80 miniutes and then enebling overburning in the expert features
that just moves the pointer. . has nuthin to do with enablin overburn or increasing capacity u can write on the cd
atleast thats what i had noticed

OP
S

sailendra

Journeyman
Thanks guys,
I just checked these cds at a friends place. He has an ASUS writer. Its the same story there. He was using different software to burn cds. Still it shows only 69 minutes 57 seconds as the capacity. I bought these cds for 11 rs. each. Guess I will just use them as regular cd-rs. :roll:

@raven,
Dont feel sorry about it. The main thing is you tried to help. Thats what matters :)

JAK

What the Heck !
sailendra said:
Thanks guys,
I just checked these cds at a friends place. He has an ASUS writer. Its the same story there. He was using different software to burn cds. Still it shows only 69 minutes 57 seconds as the capacity. I bought these cds for 11 rs. each. Guess I will just use them as regular cd-rs. :roll:

@raven,
Dont feel sorry about it. The main thing is you tried to help. Thats what matters :)

Did u do as i had suggested.....????

LG Burners support Overburning so do Asus burners.. :wink: Its all with the type of Burnin Proggy used..for eg. Nero supports Over Burnin while Easy CD Creator doesnt( dunno abt the latest version)

If u follow what I hav suggested above ..U will be able to easily OverBurn the disk usin NERO.... :wink:

OP
S

sailendra

Journeyman
JAK,
Yes, I did like u said. In fact I was using DAO (Disc at Once) mode to burn the cd. I even tried changing the Overburning option under preferences. That makes no difference. The cd is ejected and Nero asks for another CD with adequate space. :(

JAK

What the Heck !
sailendra said:
JAK,
Yes, I did like u said. In fact I was using DAO (Disc at Once) mode to burn the cd. I even tried changing the Overburning option under preferences. That makes no difference. The cd is ejected and Nero asks for another CD with adequate space. :(

Donot select multisession disk...this is important....

Select
"No Multisession"

Which version of nero r u usin....:wink:

Naga

Broken In
It also depends on the media. Not all CD-Rs will support overburning. Try it out with good brands like Moser Baer.

Loki87

Broken In
yup problem may be with the media
what brand did u say -amkette? amkette isnt a gr8 brand for cd-r's either
i've had bad experiences :(

JAK

What the Heck !
Naga said:
It also depends on the media. Not all CD-Rs will support overburning. Try it out with good brands like Moser Baer.

Na na ...U can overBurn with any CDR...the question is ...how much u can over-burn. Different media's have different lengths of the lead out area (90 sec is mandatory)
so u can always overburn in the lead out area..its just a question of how much

ofcourse u need a burner that supports O/B

sailendra said:
Yup, I selected no Multisession. Nero version is 6.3.0.2 (see my first post). Same result. :!:

Oh sorry missed readin it in a hurry...

Well what can I say....

what u have is a 52X newer model which definitely supports 90MIN CDR's..
I think u r doin something wrong...or maybe Nero has screwed up itself....... :wink:

One Last try...STEP By STEP Procedure Comin up.... :wink:

JAK

What the Heck !
Ok Here it is ...

STEP 1:
Fire up Nero and when the wizard appears select no multisession
*www.freewebs.com/izzner/C1C2/1.JPG

STEP 2:
Go to File--->Preferences ---> Expert Features: and set it up as in the image..
*www.freewebs.com/izzner/C1C2/2.JPG

STEP 3:
Add all ur files, change CD label etc and Select burn compilation..and select DAO burn mode as shown here..
*www.freewebs.com/izzner/C1C2/3.JPG

STEP 4:
upon selecting burn Nero will give the following prompt..just click "Write Overburn Disk"
as u can see i am tryin to fit 798MB of data in a 656MB CDRW so no probs here dude... :wink:

*www.freewebs.com/izzner/C1C2/4.JPG

"AB SAALA NERO KYA ....USKA BAAP BHI OVERBURN KAREGA"

OP
S

sailendra

Journeyman
Boy, You are persistent. Thanks for taking the trouble to put in all the screen shots :)
I will try it once more and let u know the results.

p.s: That a nice skin for your OS. Could you tell me where you got it? :)

OP
S

sailendra

Journeyman
It WORKS! It WORKS! I followed your procedure exactly, and it works. Was able to burn a 795MB cd succesfully. THank you Thank You!
Never imagined it could work. Thanks a million JAK:D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom