Bumping old threads: wats ur view??

Bumping old threads:wat's ur view??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ok guyz........
I've seen a lot of times some people bump in a old thread and we all jump on him.......do LOLs........etc....

But most of the time I've noticed that the bumpers are newbies........that sums up for me....
1> People actually read old threads
2> People are reading rules:D
3> Newbies are ACTUALLY searching for similar threads b4 creating a new thread.....IMO which is a good habit....

So wat do you think, for a particular problem do we encourage our forum-mates bumping in old threads and append his/her unique:)cool:) issue or just do LOLs.......ROFLs.......to him(which is quite embarrassing and insulting)..........

P.S.: There are so many useless polls, let it be too:D;)

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
If a member bumps an informative thread like tutorial or reviews of software, themes, extensions, etc, then its a good habit. It helps new members as well as existing members (who missed those threads) to know about it.

But if someone bumps a QnA thread, then its completely useless. What'll be the benefit in answering a question which was asked long time back? May be the OT have found the solution, so there is no benefit in bumping QnA threads.

Thats what I think.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@ vishal gupta...........
rightly said.............

in most of cases I've sen that, even faced myself..........that the thrd I've found is not the EXACT solution for the problem............it surely matches 80-95% of the main issue..........but some parameters are diff.

thats where the question comes "will it be applicable to my case too??".............
to avoid further more "humiliation" a new thread is created.........which was not at all necessary..........

and other viewers of this thread are requested to vote............
plz over 40 views but only 3 votes???!!!! and a few lines too.......
Thank u

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I don't find any problem in answering to a question even if it was answered long back. Might be the bumper has a better reply to that question. In case another newbie comes in searching for that question, he would get a better reply.

Bumps at times get some very useful thread on top as well. I don't mind anyone bumping but bumps with winks and lols give me :mad:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Bumping is good, if the thread is of any value at the current time.

Or else it's better to make a new one.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
If a member bumps an informative thread like tutorial or reviews of software, themes, extensions, etc, then its a good habit. It helps new members as well as existing members (who missed those threads) to know about it.

But if someone bumps a QnA thread, then its completely useless. What'll be the benefit in answering a question which was asked long time back? May be the OT have found the solution, so there is no benefit in bumping QnA threads.

Thats what I think.

Agreed.

One question though, aren't you there on the CHIP forum too, just curious to know.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom

Thats what I think.
right
And yeah it's true that newbies really bump threads a lot. I saw this newbie in another forum bump a 2003 thread in 2007! LOL

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Bumpity bump! :D

I've seen some old news being bumped. I suggest to the mods that the topics in the Random News section be pruned after 3-4 months.

Bumpity bump! :D

I've seen some old news being bumped. I suggest to the mods that the topics in the Random News section be pruned after 3-4 months.
But sometimes its GOOD to bump news threads too. Especially if there comes an intresting update or change of situation in a few months. Or if you are the type of guy who likes saying "Told you so" when you prove someone wrong for a prediction that occured 3 months back.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
But sometimes its GOOD to bump news threads too. Especially if there comes an intresting update or change of situation in a few months. Or if you are the type of guy who likes saying "Told you so" when you prove someone wrong for a prediction that occured 3 months back.

Yes, some news are worth, only in the tech section. Random news section definitely needs pruning.

blah blah bumpity bumpity bump bump bump ! :D
its an annoying thing for those who started it first, i mean the thread :D

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
In the Qna section, after the question is answered, the thread should automatically lock up. So then next time the person sees it, they don't have to start a new thread or bump a useless thread.

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
In the Qna section, after the question is answered, the thread should automatically lock up. So then next time the person sees it, they don't have to start a new thread or bump a useless thread.

very nice but what if anybody had better suggestion...

My answer in poll : I don't care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom