Core i5 750
Intel DH55TC mobo
4 GB DDR3 RAM
GeForce 8400 GS (weakest component!!)
Windows 7 Ultimate
1 Tb HDD
19" monitor with max resolution 1360 x 768

Need to replace my graphics card

Any suggestions pls considering my rig (especially the max monitor resolution)

OP
V

vishalp007

Broken In
Power supply unit of 600 watts
Max budget 10k
I am going to US next week. So planning to buy from there. heard its cheaper.
Thanks.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Thanks. There must be a company/brand sticker on the PSU. Could you tell us what that says..?

OP
V

vishalp007

Broken In
Sorry. I am not so sure what that is as not conversant with these terminologies....
I called my vendor he says it is a UPS from PowerSafe and it is 600 V or W something...

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

ok. So I guess I have a UPS and not a PSU.
Is a PSU really needed for my current config. And will it be needed if I buy a proper gfx card?
Please help !!!

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Sorry. I am not so sure what that is as not conversant with these terminologies....
I called my vendor he says it is a UPS from PowerSafe and it is 600 V or W something...

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

ok. So I guess I have a UPS and not a PSU.
Is a PSU really needed for my current config. And will it be needed if I buy a proper gfx card?
Please help !!!

dude psu is the most important component inside your pc. in short it converts ac power from the mains to dc and supplies it to the internal parts (inside the cabinet) to run.
while a ups ( uninterrupted power supply ) as you can guess from the name, provides protection to the pc during unexpected power cuts, voltage fluctuation etc. its got a battery to provide sufficient time to save your work and switch of your pc properly. your psu inside the cabinet is connected to ups.

:lol:
every PC has a PSU dude.

dont laugh like this.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
You system inside will be something like this. See that black box which says TX650, you would have a similar box there, in that position, or on the top. Get the brand/company name from there. No issues...! Welcome to TDF....!
*img40.imageshack.us/img40/8784/sytemanil.jpg

OP
V

vishalp007

Broken In
ok...got it...
i opened my cabinet and took a couple of pics
could not make head or tail of the numbers printed on the PSU

OP
V

vishalp007

Broken In
....and my vendor told me it should be around 350W
He also said if the graphics card does not have power connector, it should work with my existing setup....
totally confused :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
....and my vendor told me it should be around 350W
He also said if the graphics card does not have power connector, it should work with my existing setup....
totally confused :)

change that PSU. get a HD5770 + Corsair VX450W combo, if you can. else, a HD5670 512Mb + FSP Saga II 500W combo looks good & cheap.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Oooowwwww, answered just before me!!! I was thinking of the same card & same PSU! couldn't you wait for me to answer?!

Just kidding. HD5770+corsair VX450W will cost almost 12.5k, not in his budget. Better go for Sam's second suggestion HD5670+FSP Saga II 500W. 6.6+2.7=9.3. Shouldn't be over Rs. 9500 in any case.

Last edited:
Top Bottom