Building a WiFi home network!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

invisiblerohit

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
i intend to start a wifi home network. i have a old desktop(celeron machine with win XP) and two laptops(1 is windows based and the other a mac) and n airtel broadband connection(256kbps unlimited). i want to connect my router directly to my desktop and install a PCI wifi card in it so that it becomes a wifi router. my idea of doing this is to
i) save money(on a wifi router, which will cost me something like Rs.3500 as compared to a wifi card Rs.1500).
ii) use my old desktop for downloads.
iii) have a wifi network at home so that all the three machines can be connected to the net simultaneously.

a) would appreciate if u people could help me with pages which would tell me more about building wifi network(all the links that i could go to just tell about building it through a wifi router)
b) also, if this is possible nd a good idea, as in if there will be loss in surfing speed or not etc etc.
c) or if somebody can give me a better idea.

thanxx...

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I dont think U can set up without the use of wifi router.With a wifi router I can help u to configure the network.

U can easily do,only 4 steps
1. Choose your wireless equipment

2. Connect your wireless router

3. Configure your wireless router

4. Connect your computers

thats all..U have done.
this will illustrate u little more
*www.microsoft.com/library/media/1033/athome/images/moredone/wireless_chart.jpg

navino87

In the zone
^^^

Even i am planning to do the same....

I hav few questions...

1. What will be the data transfer rate if we use a wifi router???
2. Can v make data sharing between computers connected to this network??? If so, can we also play multilayer games @ good settings???
3. I planning to connect maximum of 6 computers to this network... Can some1 tell wat will be the cost of a wifi router n wifi card as per my requirement ????

Thanks in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom