build a gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLAWLESS VICTORY

Right off the assembly line
well i have finally grown tired of my laptop and want to start with building a gaming monster.. (one which i can control.. it should not make a hole too deep..) 80 k is what i have set a limit for.. minus the monitor

started with the following:

1] chassis- coolermaster COSMOS 1010- ESA certified
2] PSU- coolermaster REALPOWER ESA 1000 W- ESA certified
3] cooler - Aquagate Max coolermaster - ESA certified
4] Intel core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 Ghz (still not sure on wheteher worth it]
5] nForce 790i ultra SLI motherboard by XFX
6] nvidia geforce 9800 GT x 2 in sli mode
7] ddr 3 ram of 4 gb (still not sure--i guess ddr3 is still not commonly available and expensive)
8] vista home premium
9] creative sound blaster x-fi xtreme gamer high def audio 7.1
10] the monitor is a 32in lcd sony bravia d- series with a game speed mode..

I needed help in getting realistic on the street prices for components 1 to 9..and where to buy them in pune / mumbai ???
PLS HELP...

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^...u can buy it if u need to be bleeding edge...

but its juts beginning of new era....so try not to...stay on 780i and get ddr2 1050 mhz....enough....and the cards....try evga 8800 gtx....thats VERY good enough....

when the new ones settle u can go ahead....

and please try to stay away from XFX brand..go for evga bot mobo and card...

and try RAM of ocz or G-skill..

if u want absolute GREAT sound...go for x-Fi elite pro...

OP
FLAWLESS VICTORY

FLAWLESS VICTORY

thanks madjeri,
but i am takin only one step at a time.. pls suggest the components which i go ahead for.. and i really don't want to upgrade the motherboard soon.. i want a deadly sli based solution.. can u suggest something on tht since u don't prefer xfx..(i too had inhibitions against it reading the reviews, but i couldn't get info on any other maker..)

Kush6

Broken In
And the configs you just posted will easilt cross 1 lakh, so watch it. Wait it out till decmeber and geta nehalem set with maybe a 4850 in crossfire or a HD4870 OR if you can afford it a GTX 280!

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
SLI...

it depends on which brand....

@metal head....

i meant 8800GT....more than enough..the OC version..

napster007

Padawan
dude....i don think u'll be able to fit ur config anywhere near 80k....esp. the 32" bravia! it'll cross 1L easily!

shadow2get

In the zone
this isnt the time to spend so much on a config.with nehalems around the corner one should wait.
+1

Kush6 said:
And the configs you just posted will easilt cross 1 lakh, so watch it. Wait it out till decmeber and geta nehalem set with maybe a 4850 in crossfire or a HD4870 OR if you can afford it a GTX 280!

FYI, the 'Nehalem' based processors are going to be released at a later date than you would think. Unless Intel decides to advance the release dates to an earlier time, it would be prudent enough to go for a slightly higher end processor IMHO.

If you wanna go for a high end Nehalem processor, then investing in a low end config would be a better option.

Nehalem is the codename for a future processor microarchitecture being developed by Intel[1]. Nehalem will be released in late 2008 for high-end chips[2] and Q3 2009[1] for mainstream chips. The microarchitecture is the planned successor to the Core microarchitecture.
Chk this for more info: Nehalem (microarchitecture)

OP
FLAWLESS VICTORY

FLAWLESS VICTORY

considering wht u guys have written abt the whole thing abt Nehalem.. i already had a look at the upcoming projects by intel.. (amd seems to have completely lost the race ), but even with the release date around first quarter 2009 (asuming standard delays) the cost will still be the same if not higher.. isn't it?
and by the way, the bravia is not included in the 80 k rig.. i have a separate quota for that.. u know it's the reservations age ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom