Status
Not open for further replies.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Recently I met a person (who has become a GOOD friend of mine in a VERY short time) who is extremely good at animation.

Since I am quite a good programmer, we have decided to get together and get the best of both.......

WE HAVE DECIDED TO CREATE A GAME !!!!!

So..........

Common ...Help us out !
What we need is a way to combine both talents in one piece !

He is good at animating stuff in Maya and 3D Max...
I can program in most of the programming languages that are available!
But we are not aware of any method by which we can combine both !

We have heard of Gaming Engines and other such stuff.......but are unaware of the methods to use it !

Can you guys help us out !

PS: We are not going to create FLASh based games (quite immaturish, i must say).....

We wanna build something that can match the graphics of most of the games around and till some extent.....the playing as well.....

We are in search of knowledge on "HOW TO CREATE A 3D GAME"

One more thing...................
Can you people help us get an innovative story line (for the game...of course :wink:)

For The MODS............
I am posting it in two sections for the soul purpose that both the gamers as well as the programmers have a good look at this one since most hardcore gamers might not visit this Q&A section and most of the programmers won't visit the Gamers section (I myself don't.......except for a casual look for once in 4 months )
So PLEASE don't delete this......
If you can, please merge both so that ppl in both sections can view it all)

planetcall

Indian by heart
dumped !!! I would call it a spam. No point posting same topic in 2 forums.

Secondly why do you think flash games are immaturish ? Lol ! see on net how many sites are booming with flash games. Flash based games and contents do have a good market and probably if you could get your hand in flash programming you might be able to create addictive games as well. Also, it is relatively easy to begin with. I suggest you get yourself into it.

I am surprised even after winning a loyality of 476 posts you are not able to understand the basic ethics of posting.

*www.hiboox.com/images/5005/g5xw0om.gif

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
well, i agree to some extent to planet call. But personally i feel that it might be useful to all the forum members if you continue to share your knowledge with the forum members.

Opinions apart, to what extent are you capable. Game programming is a very exhaustive topic and has a steep learning curve. In the beginning, you both might take it as an educative excercise, involve the community and try to learn. There is a site, www.theparticle.com with some cool articles, a bit outdated though. If you are into quick results, try developing programs in the J2ME. As far as 3d gaming is concerned, if you are willing to accept the challenge to learn, it is not too hard after some time. I gave it up a long time ago (C++ & directx anyone)

Anyway, rajkumar you made me interested. Do try to keep me updated and i will try to learn with you.

OP
R

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
planetcall said:
dumped !!! I would call it a spam. No point posting same topic in 2 forums.

Secondly why do you think flash games are immaturish ? Lol ! see on net how many sites are booming with flash games. Flash based games and contents do have a good market and probably if you could get your hand in flash programming you might be able to create addictive games as well. Also, it is relatively easy to begin with. I suggest you get yourself into it.

I am surprised even after winning a loyality of 476 posts you are not able to understand the basic ethics of posting.

*www.hiboox.com/images/5005/g5xw0om.gif

Did you NOTICE that I didn't do so (even though I said I will) :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

PLEASE (and I mean P-L-E-A-S-E) try and verify the truth before posting !!!!
I just changed my mind before posting it in the other forum !

As far as Flash games are concerned...........I feel that they are immaturish because they are not very difficult to code ! I myself have made some games that my sisters and my friends play with pleasure and appreciate my works. I cannot share them over the net since I had made them using a pirated :oops: copy of flash !
They are very addictive........but ask the hardcore gamers whether they would like to code a Flash based game or 3D Animated Game and you'll get the response that I would like you to get !

@ilugd
Can I have the exact links to the tuts since the site is very exhaustive to search and pinpoint my requirements.

I am a good programmer (I wish to become one of the greatest :wink: ) so it shouldn't be a problem to keep up with the steep learning curve ! It'll be difficult....but not IMPOSSIBLE !!!

So I need you guys to help me to know "HOW TO CREATE A GAME"
I know how to program and my friend knows how to work in animation softwares but we don't know how to merge the two together !

Can you help ????????

sakumar79

Technomancer
There is a software called Game Maker... I havent used it, so I dont know much... But, there are sample games that have been created based on it which you can download and see if the graphics look acceptable... There was even one 3D game based loosely on Doom but I didnt try it so I cant say how good it is... I did download a couple... They were OK, but did look a bit like the flash games... You can check it out though....

Arun

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
OK, Rajkumar, but you trespass at your peril. :grin:

At the particle you may get some source codes. Since you are good enough, you could learn by going through it.
*www.theparticle.com/corp_resources.html

and check out a few of the books at flazx
<Snipped> No links to illegal material please.

Do keep me updated on your progress.

(I don't know much about flash, but can anyone find out if you are using a pirated version?, If they can then what about the privacy implications?)

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
I really didn't know that. I came to know of flazx through a digit post myself. Sorry anyway, should have known better.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
Which language is best to program games? I believe in C++.

Also, I think while starting programming, some sort of strategy games would be good. As we can make do with 2d graphics without it looking too drab. To much of an interesting storyline is also not required.

Also I was curious, is there a way to do 3D game programming in Java? Can we invoke directx apis from Java?

Akhil Jain

Journeyman
ya i too want to make game

though graphics look good or no

i want to make it in c or c++

help me

please donot suggest softwares such as game maker or fps creator

only SOURCE CODING please

PM ME THE LINKS TO GOOD BOOKS IN GAMING (of course free books legal or ille...gal)

i want to make a small level racing game & a fps game

only to learn and enhence my skills........

Akhil Jain

Journeyman
ya i too want to make game

though graphics look good or no

i want to make it in c or c++

help me

please donot suggest softwares such as game maker or fps creator

only SOURCE CODING please

PM ME THE LINKS TO GOOD BOOKS IN GAMING (of course free books legal or ille...gal)

i want to make a small level racing game & a fps game

only to learn and enhence my skills........

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
Check out the link i gave for the particle. And read the previous posts (the thread techyourfuture pointed to).

Also akhil, please delete the duplicate post if you reposted by mistake. It irritates the others to scroll down a lot. No offence. Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom