BSNL to soon offer Internet Protocol TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Move over cable TV operators. Internet Protocol (IP) TV or TV over phone lines is on its way. Public sector Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (BSNL) will shortly roll out video content and value-added services for its broadband (Internet) subscribers in Bangalore and Chennai in a plan that is expected to replace traditional methods of viewing media in the near future.

read more...

Onkar Joshi

Broken In
Hmm. IPTV is all set to change the rules of the game in the near future.

Infact my employer, Tech Mahindra, is doing a lot of R&D in the field.

Of course, God knows when enough bandwidth will be available in India for reliable, good quality service.

Heh...BSNL 2Mbps (400MB)...watch 3 soaps and your entire bandwidth is gone. Typical viewers don't know anything about limited bandwdth and BSNL will send them a bill for 50K bucks at the end of the month. :mad:

techno tublai

Broken In
Good news, Today Friday 12th of January, BSNL in Kolkata (calcuttatelephones.com) in a news paper advertisement announced the arrival of BSNL iptv. Hope to get more of it in the near future.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
MTNL has already started the feature..one can have the tariff ideas from it..I don't think there will be much difference when BSNL announces it..

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
but what xtra features are there in IPTV? other than movie on demand and "time shifting"(unsure abt this term) feature? will the regular set of channels be available on it?

eagle_y2j

Youngling
BSNL launching new services after one other .......but I don't y ??? they are not employing some new employes who can understand Wat to do now??/

BSNL customer- care sukz

aritrap

Mobile Addict
Guys, my father told me that in "Anandabazaar Patrika", available in kolkata it has been reported that BSNL is keen to offer the IPTV service through the existing cable lines of the cable operators and not through phone lines.
The news appeared on 19th March, I think.

I dont think that the data downloaded for watching the programs under IPTV will be taken under the data limit.

Josan

Gangsta
ok ,,, do you kno that bsnl broadband is yet not available in the villages even just 8 km from city .............so wat can i expect from this news..........?

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Josan said:
ok ,,, do you kno that bsnl broadband is yet not available in the villages even just 8 km from city .............so wat can i expect from this news..........?
Come and live in the cities.:D

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
yar not in villages..

even the BSNL is not available in Millenium City Gurgaon and also not in my hometown Aligarh (Lock City of India) ....... :x..

BSNL broadband yr 2007 totally s**** .

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
BSNL really s@cks. no cust care at all. my friend is having a prob with his BB conn since last month and nothing has been done yet. i wonder y they roll out with new services wen thay cant provide prompt support. and do they have qualified personals.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
thecyclone2k said:
Any guesses for the rates??

I think they'll quote 1Re./min!

you sound very optimistic. :rolleyes: . Dont worry rates wont be this high, they are starting business not killing it.

Heh...BSNL 2Mbps (400MB)...watch 3 soaps and your entire bandwidth is gone. Typical viewers don't know anything about limited bandwdth and BSNL will send them a bill for 50K bucks at the end of the month.

Dont whine when you know little or nothing at all . The IPTV wont count in your alloted bandwidth.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
they can upgrade the 900UL plan to two option

900UL+IPtv = 900 bucks a month
900UL+2mbps = 1000 bucks a month

i will take 2nd option ;)

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
This is the first Govt company which is really moving India forwards...Private companies in these sectors right now are second compared to BSNL

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
@esumitkumareven the BSNL is not available in Millenium City Gurgaon and also not in my hometown Aligarh

then its ur bad luck that BSNL is not in ur city..coz if u havent used BB service of bsnl then u cant say it sucks...try n then say...

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
I am not interested. I have legal proceedings going on against BSNL.:mad:...Hope I can extract 50k from them in damages due to their own mistakes.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom