BSNL disconnection

Discussion in 'Broadband and DTH' started by nil_3, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nil_3

nil_3 New Member

My BSNL DataOne connection sometimes(2-3 days in a week) gets disconnected. I used to start my downloading at 2.00AM and go to sleep. But at morning I see that the line gets disconnected a long ago(only power LED is glowing but ADSL and Ethernet LED is off) and obviously stopped downloading. A restart of modem again starts downloading. Had I restart it a few hours before then it would start downloading from then. Facing this problem from the very beginning. Does anybody facing this problem? Any suggestion?

2. naveenchandran

naveenchandran New Member

Yes! I am also facing the same problem.
    One more reason why dataone sucks :p

3. QwertyManiac

QwertyManiac Commander in Chief

Surprisingly this problem got over on 14th april for me, else it plagued me too :( Jus pester BSNL... something may happen, no guarantee... BTW u can do this, keep the phone off the hook ;) no d/cs will occur...

4. anubhav_har

anubhav_har New Member

That happens sometimes.. but i have never faced this connection problem at night.. only in day...

5. sakumar79

sakumar79 Active Member

Go to System Properties from Control Panel and look at Hardware Devices... Right click on Modem and select Property... Here, see for a tab on Power and check that Windows is not set to shut down the device to save power...

Arun

6. shoegoe

shoegoe New Member

These problems are quiet usual in bsnl.. But to be safe on your side..

1) be sure that you dont have parallel connections before the splitter

2) be sure that all the connections from the phone box in front of your house to your system is lose connection free.. i mean, the two wires MAY touch each other or be exposed to outer climate. Sometimes rain can damp your speed. if the two phone wires ever touch each other/ spark, you get disconnected

3)if you are using torrents and getting low speeds, configure port forwarding.

4)and most of all if you get disconnection on a call, check weather the splitter is working properly as it fileter all the remaining voice frequencies to the router.

Hope it helps.. but its BSNL... so it mostly wont :(.. Pray for the bsnl gusy to get a good start..

And i think you should post bsnl quries in the sticky only right? better verify the same :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.