BSNL disconnection

Status
Not open for further replies.

nil_3

In the zone
My BSNL DataOne connection sometimes(2-3 days in a week) gets disconnected. I used to start my downloading at 2.00AM and go to sleep. But at morning I see that the line gets disconnected a long ago(only power LED is glowing but ADSL and Ethernet LED is off) and obviously stopped downloading. A restart of modem again starts downloading. Had I restart it a few hours before then it would start downloading from then. Facing this problem from the very beginning. Does anybody facing this problem? Any suggestion?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Surprisingly this problem got over on 14th april for me, else it plagued me too :( Jus pester BSNL... something may happen, no guarantee... BTW u can do this, keep the phone off the hook ;) no d/cs will occur...

sakumar79

Technomancer
Go to System Properties from Control Panel and look at Hardware Devices... Right click on Modem and select Property... Here, see for a tab on Power and check that Windows is not set to shut down the device to save power...

Arun

shoegoe

Broken In
These problems are quiet usual in bsnl.. But to be safe on your side..

1) be sure that you dont have parallel connections before the splitter

2) be sure that all the connections from the phone box in front of your house to your system is lose connection free.. i mean, the two wires MAY touch each other or be exposed to outer climate. Sometimes rain can damp your speed. if the two phone wires ever touch each other/ spark, you get disconnected

3)if you are using torrents and getting low speeds, configure port forwarding.

4)and most of all if you get disconnection on a call, check weather the splitter is working properly as it fileter all the remaining voice frequencies to the router.

Hope it helps.. but its BSNL... so it mostly wont :(.. Pray for the bsnl gusy to get a good start..

And i think you should post bsnl quries in the sticky only right? better verify the same :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom