BSNL broadband sucks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renny

Padawan
Hi,

I have a BSNL DSL Home 250 plan connection,

It works fine during the daytime till 5PM, but after 5PM it does not connect at all,

The "DSL" and "Internet" lights not turn-on, on the "Power" and "Ethernet" lights glow,

I called up customer care but they could'nt rectify the problem,

I use Win2K,

Plz help me out.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Do you have a dial tone on your phone when the DSL is not working?

BTW, this is the wrong section, please post any BSNL queries in the Sticky thread in the Chit Chat section.

Last edited:

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
The Unknown said:
Wah! What a nice situation.

Here BSNL broadband is facing criticism and in the Technology News section goods, makhhan, gulab jamun, etc.

A nice paradox @virus.
Dude, if you have something to say to help this guy, please do. If you got some critisizm to do, please do it somewhere else.

Either post something to help the guy or stop trolling. @Harvik, plz stop trolling.

@Rahul, plz do answer the question above to help you with the issue

bsb

Broken In
Have you tried to talk to BSNL about your problem? I am using BSNL broadband for more than a year now and touchwood, I am happy with the connectivity and speed. For 2-3 days I also faced similar problems but when I lodged complaints with BSNL, they sorted it out. So just talk to them. All the best

praka123

left this forum longback
too much distance from exchange or too near to exchange-either of them,else CPE problem may be.firmware upgrades may help,but its up to u to take risk :D

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@~Rahul~

U have better player in the area ?? Switch to them as with BSNL calling and talking with CC wont help a little..

with BSNL you have to follow a hard way but in that way make no miss-take for 3 days of problem you may receive a full months rental rebate :lol:

anyway please make a writen complain to local exchange DE asking him to rectify the error at earliest !!!

:)

do note, with BSNL its all about written complain :)

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
~Rahul~ said:
Hi,

I have a BSNL DSL Home 250 plan connection,

It works fine during the daytime till 5PM, but after 5PM it does not connect at all,

The "DSL" and "Internet" lights not turn-on, on the "Power" and "Ethernet" lights glow,

I called up customer care but they could'nt rectify the problem,

I use Win2K,

Plz help me out.
I don't think your problem is related to your PC. Your PC has nothing to do with this. There couldn't be any virus / malware which allows you to connect till 5 PM then after 5 PM stops it :D

You should try upgrading firmware as @praka123 said OR go for other company Internet.

Vivek788

In the zone
i have problems with the connection...all lights remain on..but new connections(pages or links) wont be made.This occurs several minutes after starting modem(the time is not fixed...minimum ever was 0 minutes and max abt 3-4 hours).Sometimes,if torrents are running I never lose connections....though not always...no fixed format exists actually...so what form of compaint can I give them...?I also tried changing dns..currently its opendns...

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
For sure this problem is from back end. Try complaining BSNL...but that will take time.

This problem is from exchange side....

Last edited:
OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
Guys, my friend is facing this problem,

I have an Airtel SL connection,

My friend called some techie to his house and that said the DSL and phone lines were interchanged! then how didi it work toll now?!

@Cyrus, my friend gets the dialtone whn he's connected,

So what could the problem be bcos everyone else in his area get proper DSL service at all time.

sivarap

In the zone
~Rahul~ said:
Guys, my friend is facing this problem,

I have an Airtel SL connection,

My friend called some techie to his house and that said the DSL and phone lines were interchanged! then how didi it work toll now?!

@Cyrus, my friend gets the dialtone whn he's connected,

So what could the problem be bcos everyone else in his area get proper DSL service at all time.

Does it work now?

Logically the DSL and the phone line ports are connected in parallel....it just acts as a splitter....I don't think that should be a problem..... it depends though.....

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
~Rahul~ said:
Yaar he gets dialtone even when theres NO connection.

Ask him to isolate the modem which means disconnect every other device on the phone line and connect the modem directly to the phone line even without a splitter, make sure there is nothing else connected on the phone line. Ask him to do this and check if he gets the DSL light when there is no connection.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
It would be better if u provided us with the stats of your phone/ADSL line from your modems page.
Do this
Right click on your Lan Connection when the modem is off in the "Show all connections" Page.

Then click on TCP/IP properties.
Set the following data
IP address - 192.168.1.49
Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0 (should be automatically allocated to default)
Default Gateway - 192.168.1.1
Preferred DNS server - 192.168.1.1
Alternate DNS server - Leave Blank
I assume that you are connected via Lan.The above input should be for your Lan connection via which modem is connected.
Please do this as it'll shed some light on the problem.
Do this when the link is present.
Enter 192.168.1.1 in your browser
admin as user name
admin as password(if that does not work then try password)
all in small case.
Then check ur line stats by browsing through your modem page.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
.... I thought everyone was over this by now... But it seems people are not (Same as me :D)... BSNL sucks is a universal truth.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
BSNL need to focus on customer care and support rather than increasing speed to 8 Mbps.

What will be use of 8 Mbps..if we user cant use it.
Is there any guy from BSNL BB, or any guy whose father is employed at very high post in BSNL.....please convey my msg .

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Guys, please keep critizisms to some other threads, @shantanu has already cleaned this thread of such comments, so either help the guy solve the issue or don't post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom