BSNL broadband downtimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All!

I am sick of the huge number of downtimes BSNL dataone broadband has. So I thought I may create this thread, where people may post the time and duration of any downtime they might have had.

Let me start:

26/5/2008 3:20 PM to 27/5/2008 11:45 PM

Last edited:

sam_1710

Youngling
MetalheadGautham said:
26/5/2008 3:20 PM to 17/5/2008 11:45 PM
I think you meant 26/5/2008 to 27/5/2008 ?? ;)
Ok i'm on UL750 plan & downtime : 26/5/2008 (6 PM) to 27/5/2008(1 PM) :( :(

Last edited:

sam_1710

Youngling
BSNL fanboys?? .. are there any?? ;) anyways... bold .. done!! :)
And also .. sometimes sites like gmail, youtube, m0bileCa$**e(mobile warez site ;) ),etc.. take ages to load.. :( why does that happen??

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Service period: more 1 year after using the service

Downtimes: just once:D

Touch wood

BSNL fanboys?? .. are there any?? ;) anyways... bold .. done!! :)
And also .. sometimes sites like gmail, youtube, m0bileCa$**e(mobile warez site ;) ),etc.. take ages to load.. :( why does that happen??
Thats due to rickety DNS of BSNL:|

change to open DNS, you would be fine

Last edited:
^^ i tried using 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 .. they work only ocassionally.. :(
I think the problem is due to BSNL IP address. With some IP Adresses, I experience lots of problem. Restarting the modem helps. And yes, OpenDNS is awssome. I think you have the wrong one. I remember the number 3 in it somehow...

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
lol, The IP you said are BSNL dns servers
I was talking about this
OpenDNS is a better DNS service. We make your Internet safer, faster, smarter and more reliable. It's free, and there's nothing to download.
OpenDNS

They are very much reliable. but these days there are some issues with it. Sometime Google.com does not open sometimes but all other sites including Google's own services are unaffected like Gmail. which Opendns guys are working to Fix the problem soon. For now that i am running my own DNS caching only server but this procedure is only for Linux based machines

for windows there is a temp workaround also available. open c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file in Notepad
Code:
Enter “202.169.0.36 www.hactl.com” and “202.169.0.42 www.hacis.com” entries at the bottom
of the hosts file.
# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
#
# <IP address> <site name>
# source server
66.249.70.55 www.google.com

alternative, you can use ping command to find its IP address
START>RUN>CMD>PING www.google.com

praka123

left this forum longback
I use bsnl DNS now (218.248.240.24 and 218.248.240.135) which is awesome!.opendns sucks bad now!they got some problems.many sites are not loading under opendns :|

sam_1710

Youngling
thanks praka &gary ... Now ill be using the DNS mentioned by praka .. they seem to work better... if things go bad ill start using openDNS .. :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Me too experiencing problems with OpenDNS....

Sometimes, the forum also stops loading for me apart from Google.....

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Service Period : 3 years

Downtime : Once or twice (the service was fine, the modem gets bricked every now and then, thanks to my networking expertise !! :) )

Oh no, i am not a fan-boy of BSNL, i have had my share of pains especially with the billing. Back in 2005, BSNL had implemented free usage upto june 30th. I used to download like hell on those days. By july 2005 i got a 8k bill, the accounts department didnt knew (they had claimed so) about this free download thingy.

Then i got 20k bill for using the credentials of an official of Data Network Systems. This guy happened to be the DGM (Tech). The accounts officer said they had planned a vigilance case against me ( oh no!! ), but it was dropped i think*.

*Now if u don't find me loitering in here for a long time, u know where to find me !!

sam_1710

Youngling
@ praka : This is a screenshot taken at www.OpenDNS.com .. .
*img179.imageshack.us/img179/2870/massaxc4.th.jpg
Its mentioning a DNS ... But you tell that its a BSNL DNS (its the same DNS i use).. ?? :confused:

praka123

left this forum longback
^yes,it is opendns dns values.I never told it is BSNL dns.BSNL DNS is :
218.248.240.24 , 218.248.240.135
here in Kochin.
opendns is very slow these days.I prefer dataone DNS now,it got improved.

sam_1710

Youngling
oh sorry ... My bad... :(
anyways.. The DNS u mentioned are working fine .. No lag in loading any page i use.. :) Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom