BSNL breaks the silence! dataone goes UNLIMITED! *link inside*

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
mario_pant

mario_pant

In the zone
i think the upload caps will remain the same and only changes in the billing calculation system will be made to ignore any data usage......

balu_c

Broken In
BSNL is ripping users pocket by charging for upload also Airtel is the best broadband sevices provides unlimited download for as low as 500 per month

LegendKiller

In the zone
i think there are lot of other thing mentioned there,like 100 rental,and some mcu usage and stuff....
it will be anyhow more than 1000rs per month...i think dsl nu plan plan from mtnl is still the best available..

OP
mario_pant

mario_pant

In the zone
actually seeing..... yes airtel is the best....
i'm gonna shift to their 999 unlimited plan soon.
m_p

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
I would still go for Airtel @ 999 + tax (256kbps unlimited).....better pings and higher download rates.
Anyways, a good step for BSNL...hmm..nice to see a public sector company take up the challenge ;)

runeet

Broken In
Is there any specific time period for this unlimited downloads thing like, hathway has a plan called nightbird 8-8, which means that u can access ur net only from 8 at night to 8 in the morning with unlimited downloads and not uring the day
is the above thing like that or something

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman
MCU charges here means "meter call unit here". It means you have to pay Rs. 1.00 per unit as local call you make from your phone. Which is already Rs. 1.00 atm. The other good thing about this plan is Voice Rental is Zero It means you don't have to give monthly rental for your basic phone which is currently Rs. 180 per month. Rest are same as Home 500 plan. Those who are using Home 500 plan already and satisfied with Bsnl's service this unlimited plan is good for them. And yeah upload will still remain 60kbps but question is will we get the same quality and download speed with their unlimited plan? 'Cause users are using limited yet so the quality is good so far but dunno It will remain the same with unlimited plan when users will start using heavily.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
I guess the unit they are refereing to here is the call pulse.
It is charge we will hav 2 pay for each call we make.

hcp006sl

Journeyman
ankurgupta.me said:
I guess the unit they are refereing to here is the call pulse.
It is charge we will hav 2 pay for each call we make.

Obviously. I've already mentioned "MCU = Meter Call Unit".
But, what's the unit? 1 min./ 2 min. / 5 min. / 10 min. or 1 hr.?

PinKLip

Broken In
I got a new landphone connection with Dataone Home 250 plan,
If i switch to this Unlimited plan, should I have to pay the rental for the landphone or not (That means Rs180/pm)???
Thanks

jack// ani

In the zone
Brave_Hunt said:
MCU charges here means "meter call unit here". It means you have to pay Rs. 1.00 per unit as local call you make from your phone. Which is already Rs. 1.00 atm. The other good thing about this plan is Voice Rental is Zero It means you don't have to give monthly rental for your basic phone which is currently Rs. 180 per month. Rest are same as Home 500 plan. Those who are using Home 500 plan already and satisfied with Bsnl's service this unlimited plan is good for them. And yeah upload will still remain 60kbps but question is will we get the same quality and download speed with their unlimited plan? 'Cause users are using limited yet so the quality is good so far but dunno It will remain the same with unlimited plan when users will start using heavily.

hi Brave_Hunt,

what is source of your assertion?? will i really don't have to pay the monthly rental of Rs.180!!!! are you really sure about it!! that means your UL tariff will only Rs.900-180 = Rs.720.....it that really ture or i'm bsnl is showing us another day dream!!!!!

btw, have any of you guys applied for UL plan, becoz bsnl guys are still unware of this new plan....maybe they will take month or two to learn it........

thax

shoegoe

Broken In
Ammm..its good to here bsnl finally goes unlimited... But i suggest that those who are within airtel services range, to choose airtel as

1)Airtel has the same 900 Untlimited plan (no difference) +54 as service tax 954

2)Their upload speed is good (Better for torrent seeding)

3) When u pay an Extra 49/month U get Double bandwidth in both upload and download. (ie) in 256 unlimited plan , u get 512 from 10.30pm to 8 am( Pretty Good)

Actially, the salesman said that we dont have to pay 49/month for the first three months.

4)Added to the broadband u get a phoneline with zero rentals

There will be 50% off in the Telephone bill in the first month,25 in second and around 10% in third

So.. Totally u pay-900+54+99=1003, u enjoy 256 unlimited from 8am to 10.30pm and 512 unlimited from 10.30 pm to 8 am+ Phone line for other uses

Since u will be seedin the night time, 512 unlimited will provide a good Speed for Uploading

Moreover u can switch plans as u like..
Suppose u need to download a lot this month, u can switch to 256 unlimted, the next month to 128 unllimited at 600 if u have only a little to download ..and so on..so that u can save as much u can in unlimited

Maximum data downloadable is

256/8*60*870/1024/1024=1.593gb ie around 112.5/hour @ 8am to 10.30pm
512/8*60*570/1024/1024=2.087gb

Total/day = 3.68/Day
Total/month =110.4 GB/month... ( I Guess u can download pretty much anythin in a month itself)

But for those out of reach of Airtel services, BSNL's 900 PLan seems the best choice

hcp006sl

Journeyman
PinKLip said:
I got a new landphone connection with Dataone Home 250 plan,
If i switch to this Unlimited plan, should I have to pay the rental for the landphone or not (That means Rs180/pm)???
Thanks

Can't say at this moment. Only BSNL can answer your question. Call 1600 424 1600.
BSNL has included the unlimited plan in their form, but don't have included in their tariff table.

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman
jack// ani said:
hi Brave_Hunt,

what is source of your assertion?? will i really don't have to pay the monthly rental of Rs.180!!!! are you really sure about it!! that means your UL tariff will only Rs.900-180 = Rs.720.....it that really ture or i'm bsnl is showing us another day dream!!!!!

btw, have any of you guys applied for UL plan, becoz bsnl guys are still unware of this new plan....maybe they will take month or two to learn it........

thax

No, jack// ani you got it kinda wrong what I meant to say was Rs. 180 is ICLUDED in Home UL 900 plan It means you won't have to pay Rs. 900 + 180 = Rs. 1,080 you'll only have to pay Rs. 900 + 12.24%(service tax) which will be around Rs. 1,010.16 per month If you rent the modem It'd be Rs. 1,000 + 12.24%(service tax) which will be around Rs. 1,122.4 per month for anuual(Incase you own the medem) you have to pay Rs. 9000 + 12.24% service tax = Rs.10,101.6 and If you rent the modem It'd be 10,200 + 12.24%(service tax) = Rs. 11,448.48 (calculating as the modem type is one and monthly rent is Rs. 100). Sice the plan is still not APPLICABLE yet and they haven't UPDATED their website that's why I can't say they'll provide a FREE modem for this plan or not. If it happenes you won't have to rent it. If you make any voice call (local) from the phone which is under Home UL 900 plan the cost of call would be Rs. 1.00 per unit. Brief description people will see when Bsnl updates their traffic page.

jack// ani

In the zone
hey guys....finally bsnl ppl updated their tariff webpage, Home UL900 included now, rest remains the same.......

*www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom