Browswer Hijack Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

one_cool_guy16

Right off the assembly line
FRIENDS, I AM NEWBEI HERE,
PLZ. HELP ME

I HAVE GOT A SPYWARE WHICH IS A BROWSER HIJACKER IT IS BY A ANTI-SPYWARE COMPANY.I USED AD-AWARE SE WITH LATEST ONLINE UPDATE BUT IT REMOVED OTHER SPYWARES BUT NOT THAT .PLZ. HELP ME. I WILL BE VERY THANKFUL TO U ALL.ANY ONLINE SCANNER WILL BE NO A GOOD IDEA BECAUSE I USE INTERNET THROUGH GPRS ON COMPUTER {LOW BNDWIDTH}

HELP!!!
HELP!!!
HELP!!!

legolas

Padawan
pls restrain using CAPS in posting.

1) try fixing in safe mode

2) if not, try fixing them using spybot S&D and microsoft antispyware

3) download hijack this

and post your log file here. btw, what browser do u use?

/legolas

anandk

Distinguished Member
download , install, update and use these two anti-spy's.
microsoft anti-spyware and spywaredoctor v 3.1 (freeware)
from www.download.com.
best to run the scans in safe mode.
delete the identified malware infections.

:arrow: then using the ms anti-spy, restore all ur browser settings
advanced tools>browser restore>check all>restore.

if u still face a problem, then post ur 'hijackthis' file here. :)

OP
O

one_cool_guy16

friends sorry for CAPS .

i used spybot and spydoctor but that didn't worked.i cann't use microsoft anti-spy because i use win 2000 and it requires xp. friends, my fear has just raised up as today i read in times of india about security holes in all versions in windows that can cause huge easy access to virus and spy.as of safe mode i will try and post and if ad-aware and spybot can do nothing there is no chance yahoo antispy can do something but i would like to ask if formating the drive and re-installing will be a permanent solution or the spy's will harm even after format.

thanks
thanks

---myself ROHIT

OP
O

one_cool_guy16

friends, i am not a advanced user.i am not understanding hijact this.the site says if u r not a avanced user u should not use it. another time i am asking is formatting would be permanent solution.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Sorry. My bad.

D/l Hijack This from the majorgeeks' link above.
1. Extract the file "HijackThis.exe" from the downloaded archive.
2. Run it
3. Choose "Do a system scan and save a logfile"
4. Let the scan complete
4. Choose ur location of saving the logfile (Its just a textfile/notepad file :))
5. Exit the program.
6. Find the log file and copy its entire conents with a "Ctrl+a"
7. paste and post it here.
8. Wait for the solution.

And yes, a format will 99% solve away all ur problems and also 100% of ur data too will be removed off the hard disk :|

anandk

Distinguished Member
one_cool_guy16 said:
friends, i am not a advanced user.i am not understanding hijact this.the site says if u r not a avanced user u should not use it. another time i am asking is formatting would be permanent solution.

as mentioned and xplained by qm, post your 'hijackthis' logfile here.

formatting cannot be a permenant solution, bcoz u could get infected again ! then what? again a format ? hence tenshun nahi leneka, post ur logfile here for investigation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom