Browsing thro Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Can I browse on a mobile phone via its bluetooth connection (not GPRS) I have a PC which is bluetooth enabled and has active internet connection. If possible I want to know how to achive this :) . I have a Motorola L9 and Razr V3i.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@krazyfrog Thats strange.. I thought this might have been possible :confused: how can companies not include such a feature?

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Charan said:
@krazyfrog Thats strange.. I thought this might have been possible :confused: how can companies not include such a feature?
Its possible in phones with wi-fi only. I don't think any phone can do it over bluetooth.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Possible via GNUBox on Symbian platforms, not too sure about Moto's options here.

In newer phones, Nokia PC Suite's Bridge facility does it easily.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
damn .. time to get a wifi enabled phone :D .. ne way still searching and found something interesting ..
Looking for something else, I stumbled upon this in an All About Symbian forum. I had read before that I could use the Bluetooth connection to my PC as my network connection from my phone instead of GPRS, but was clueless as to how. This thread gives all the details:

Q: i have adsl on my pc. I want to use my bluetooth connection to share the net access that my pc has with then phone. any ideas how i can do that?

A: It's very easy!

Tools, Settings, Connection, Access Points, Options, New Access Point, Use default settings.

Connection name: Bluetooth DSL
Date bearer: GPRS
Access pont name: none
User name: None
Prompt password: No
Password: None (default)
Authentication: Secure
Gateway IP address: 0.0.0.0

Save this and connect your 7650 to the Bluetooth COM-Port. The mRouter Tray-Icon should show now that the device is successfully connected.

Next open the program of your choice (Wireless IRC) an select "Bluetooth DSL" as default connection - that's it!

It works with nearly all programs except the default browser.

*www.russellbeattie.com/notebook/1001649.html

B

bigdaddy486

It is possible on Motorola phones...........
I have tried on motorola a1200 ming and rockr E6..............

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
You can do it for Sony Ericsson phones :)

Here is the guide: *myforum.lasyk.net/showthread.php?t=23875

Just check if JDK for Moto is available. Something similar could be used for you phone. This method has been tested wid K750i,W800i,T610 etc.

You may also haf a look at this guide: *www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=124714&start=0 It uses BT PAN to create a network. So try to relate it to your phone.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Tech.Masti said:
aah, new idea, not bad,
@charan, what's the result???

lol im too confused dude.. I have to look into this very slowly :D .. till now no result.. :(

actually this idea came into my mind when I saw a HP iPaq smartphone with wifi wifi features.. later the iPhone.. Then a question poped in my mind .. if a phone can communicate with a PC and also enable one to browse on the internet thro bluetooth connection then why cant it go the other way round?

Internet --> GPRS --> Cellphone --> Bluetooth --> PC

BroadBand Internet -- > PC ---> Bluetooth --> Cellphone

Last edited:

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
bigdaddy486 said:
It is possible on Motorola phones...........
I have tried on motorola a1200 ming and rockr E6..............

I need it for my E6.....:)
I got the answer 'NO'....

Can u help me in that???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom