Status
Not open for further replies.

mahendran

Journeyman
dear friends,

what r the factors influencing browsing speed?

my os win xp.browser ie 6 .dial up connection using 56 kpbs connexant external moderm.recently the speed is coming down to 14.2 kpbs from 49 kpbs. can any one help?

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
the speed depends upon ur isp and not the kind of software u r using...
try checking ur phone line for any disturbance... as any disturbance may cause the speed to fall

still if the speed is slow... try changing ur isp...

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
as anand said it not always that the software that influences the browsing speed... even isp and proper phone line (with out any damage) effect the speed.
i think u can marginally increse the speed by changing browsers like opera and firefox... , firefox is stable and fast....

*img62.exs.cx/img62/9472/signiture.gif

OP
M

mahendran

Journeyman
i am using satyam amd sancharnet as isps. apart from the slow speed, i face frequent disconnection, sometime with a gap of2 to 3 minutes.

can some one explain?

dare_dexter

Broken In
Need 4 speed

Change your browser, dude, because IE is slower than Opera or Fierbox. Also check your phone-line and the cables connecting your PC to that.

Have you increased your connection-speed(make it the highest) from the hardware setting?
:shock:

The download speed can be any where between 3-4 KBps (check out the B-Bytes And b-bits).
7 years back we i had a inet connection i used to wonder like a dumbo y the hell do i get speed of 2-3 wen i had 56kbps modem and connection the i understood the fact of the"B".
Well browsers to a xtend do influence the speed i wud suggest oper which works fast for me but sadly some sites dont support it (very few).Use mozilla which also is a better option.
To avoid disconnection check ur tel wire lower the modem speed.
And call satyam helpline and blast at them.

sting

Journeyman
k mahendran i think this will help u

It will make it easy if we all try to stick with the industry standard abbreviations.

Code:
Kilobytes per second = KB/s 
Kilobits per second = kbps 

Your browser reports speeds in KB/s, the speed tests here at BroadBandreports.com report speeds in kbps. 

1 kbps = 1000 bps 
1 KB/s = 1024 B/s 
1 KB/s = 8.192 kbps 
1 kbps = .1221 KB/s 

KB/s to kbps 
Take KB/s and multiply by 8.192 
Example 
100KB/s = 819.2kbps 

kbps to KB/s 
Take kbps and divide by 8.192 (or multiply by .1221) 
Example 
1000kbps = 122KB/s 

Your browser reports speeds in KB/s, so if you see 500KB in your browser your speed is 4096kbps or 4.096Mbps. 

The dslr speed tests report speeds in kbps, so if you see 5000kbps, that's equivalent to 610.5KB/s in your browser.
Try this speed calculator to help with any conversions.
*www.levinecentral.com/ool/speed.asp

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Ya u cant do anything abt speeds but if ya face disconnections man u r in deep $hit coz i also had the prob sometime ago and the phone ppl told me that it waz nothing to do with the line but actually it was the line that was problematic so i canged my distibution box thru which i had got my phone connection and viola the problem was solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom