Browser problem and Ctl+Alt+Del

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi all
I use Win XP- SP2 and IE6, Please help me to solve the follwing two problems....

1. When I press Ctl+Alt+Del, I am not able to get the 'Windows Security Screen'.

2. Everytime I visit a particular website, Script error pop up.. I have set the Tools--->Options as 'Do not show Script errors' and 'Disable Script Debugging'.

Regards,
Ramprasad

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
1. Does ctrl+shft+esc work? Does start->run->taskmgr work? If not, u might have some adware or virii.

2. Disable the "Display a notification about every script error" checkbox, and there might be two "disable script error" checkboxes. Deselct both.

Edit:
Also, go here:*www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm and navigate to "T", scroll down to "Task manager" and try all the methods in there.

swatkat

Technomancer
ramprasad said:
Hi all
I use Win XP- SP2 and IE6, Please help me to solve the follwing two problems....

1. When I press Ctl+Alt+Del, I am not able to get the 'Windows Security Screen'.

Check whether you can open the Task Manager in safe mode.

2. Everytime I visit a particular website, Script error pop up.. I have set the Tools--->Options as 'Do not show Script errors' and 'Disable Script Debugging'.

Regards,
Ramprasad
Download JRE and install it. Then check with the erros and post back the results. You can also get JRE (java runtime environment) from this month's Digit CD.

By the way, does your Registry Editor work? to check this, go to Start > Run and type regedit and press ENTER. Do you get the Regedit window?

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
@ramprasad
if you want 'task manager' then you already have got possible solutions.

but if you want 'Windows Security Screen' then do this::
# Click Start —> Control Panel.
# Click User Accounts.
# Under the Pick a task heading, click Change the way users log on or off.
# Uncheck the 'Use the Welcome screen' box
# Click Apply Options button.
# Close the User Accounts screen.
Now you'll get the security screen when pressing c+a+d

-----
alibi

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Hmmm... he did say windows security screen, then. I didn't notice that, sorry about that. Yeah, windows security screen can be enabled by following alib_i.

OP
ramprasad

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi
Regarding the script error, I have downloaded the latest JRE, installed it and still I face the problem....

Any help in this regard would be appreciated...

Thanx a lot alib_i,... It worked...

Regards,
Ramprasad

swatkat

Technomancer
What error message do you get?
Anyway try this, download Windows Script and install it. Then check for errors and post back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom