Browser freezes like hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shloeb

In the zone
When i am using internet then the browser keeps on freezing very frequently like 2 or 3 seconds. Sometimes after 10 seconds or more.The browser i use is Mozilla Firefox. But i don't think the problem is with the browser as i tried reinstalling it or using some other browser like opera. Even opera keeps freezing. Please tell me whats the solution to this mess. :x

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Run the usual... NOD32, Spybot, Ad-Aware, HijackThis (post your log)

And do any other apps freeze other than firefox and opera?

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Does it happen on a specific website? May be some Flash or PDF issue. Did you try to empty the temporary folder? Just google for "Firefox 100% CPU usage".

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Many of the sites needs to work with java script, Activex and cookies.
if you disale, then enable them for better browser performance.
many times i see disabling them causes browser takes 2 or 3 seconds of extra time for some sites.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
As Amir said above, some poorly coded javascript may be the culprit, though it is unlikely given your circumstances.

Also have you installed any addon? esp one like Firebug? Firebug can beat your CPU to death of the page has too much client side scripts.

praka123

left this forum longback
hardware problems? look for ram(memtest86+ ) and/or check the connectors of harddisk power and data.

OP
Shloeb

Shloeb

In the zone
I have a fully updated antivirus, Kaspersky Internet Security 2009. When browser freezes no other application freezes at that time.If it had to do with cpu usage then other applications should also freeze. Because i had a music player running in the background and it was smoothly playing. One more thing is that this time i tried to find out if this happens while browsing only? I was surprised to find out that after launching firefox after some time it freezes even though i didn't enter any website address. And by the way i have no add-on installed.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Have a look at the processes accessing the internet when you are experiencing the freeze... Use the firewall to block unnecessary programs from accessing the internet...

Arun

OP
Shloeb

Shloeb

In the zone
I notice that avp.exe consumes a hell lot of cpu. Its Kaspersky antivirus. But even though its alloted Normal priority.

prasad_den

Padawan
Is utorrent running in the background...?? I have a similar problem when utorrent runs in the background.. my browser (opera/FF) freezes intermittently. When I close utorrent, problem gets resolved.. Don't know why this happens..!!

OP
Shloeb

Shloeb

In the zone
No utorrent doesn't run in background. Anyways thanks guys. I reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows XP. Now the problem is gone.

arupch

Tech Addict
what add-on r u using. check ur add-ons. i once had such a problem with an add-on. after uninstalling FF worked smoothly. try uninstalling add-ons one by one and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom