Browser does not open, when clicked on a link

Status
Not open for further replies.

exotic

Right off the assembly line
My browser (IE6) use to open automatically, and take me to the web site as soon as I clicked on a link. Now, that does not happen. How do I get that thing going again?I have Presario 2800 and XP (SP2) as OS.

Thanks

Nitin

swatkat

Technomancer
Hi,
Try these things. Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools Menu > Internet Options. Here click the "Advanced" tab and then click "Restore defaults" button. Click "Apply" and "OK". Then restart IE and check whether the links open correctly.

If not, then go to Internet Options again, and then clcik "Programs" tab. Here click the button "Reset web settings" and click "Apply" and "OK". Restart IE and check.

If the above two things does not work, then go to Internet Options (again!) and click the "Advanced" tab. Here uncheck the option "Enable third party browser extensions" and click "Apply" and "OK". Restart IE and check whether it works correctly or not.

OP
E

exotic

Right off the assembly line
Thanks a lot. Your second suggestion worked.I am in Bangalore, if you are in town, do call me at 51128044, we can have a cup of coffee together.

Nitin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom