Browser Bugs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
I have a problem..
I installed Opera in my XP then uninstalled it and installed Firefox. I installed it also but the problem is that every htm & Html files have a dos-program icon. It opens in IE anyway. How can I change the icon. I tried to change it from 'Folder Options' but didn't work. Any alternatuve method?

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Try setting Opera/Firefox to be the default browser and to do periodic checks to determine the same from the Preferences screen and use XPs Set Program Access and Defaults to set the browser from Internet Explorer to your current browser. Use TweakUI to rebuild damaged icons.

IG

Journeyman
just right click on any htm or html file and click on open with>firefox>always open these files with this program option.it worked for me when i had the same prob.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
yep that should solve the problem just set the default browser as Firefox

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

OP
sujithtom

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
No. I uninstalled Firefox. I want htm files to have the IE icons. Can't change through File Types???

ujjwal

Padawan
Another member called butterfly had the same problem ...

If you want IE as default ... go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs>and specify that IE should check if it's default.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
- use repair option in add/rem prog -> ms ie
- update to ie 6 sp1
- use opera or firefox , much safer and faster

OP
sujithtom

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
I tried firefox and opera some days before. Didn't liked it. Uninstalled it after making IE as the DEFAULT browser. But the icon has not changed. It shows the icons of the old DOS progs :) :-( :)

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
- keep holding the shift key down and right click on an html file . u get an option called open with . choose ie from the list and check the box below which says always use the prog
- do u get this only for ur account ?
- if u have a restore point to prior to installing opera try it , but as last option
- regarding opera . did u use the skinned option in opera ?? if u didnt like it for the looks , try changing skins or going back to classic . with the tabbed interface and plenty of options in preferences , u will love opera once u start using it slowly .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom