Brought XFX geforce7300 GT DDR-II-pls help me some doubts

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
Brought XFX geforce7300 GT DDR-II dual dvi-pls help me some doubts

I am yet to install my card thought to share with forum friends,
I got exactly what the below link shows: a PCI-Express XFX Geforce 7300 GT with dual DVi.
*xfxforce.com/web/product/listConfigurationDetails.jspa?series=GeForce%26trade%3B+7300&productConfigurationId=303568
*www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=6765&page=2
I got this card for Rs3950+100=RS4150.is it too high or low:p
1) I checked the card legs(or pins) and found that some pins are not pointed;its like cut off or shortened by someone.to be precise, from the rear look the last pin on right side:
*img70.imageshack.us/img70/4682/boardrearxfxbigdc6.jpg
and
from frontal view the second last pin on the right side looks damaged:confused:
*img70.imageshack.us/img70/3387/boardxfxbigmp5.jpg

but when i saw the pics from above site,it shows the same pins shortened as with mine.Is it OK.what will be the reason
2)I have a Zebronics 400W PSU already in my system.will it be enough for my card.
3) the card doesnot have a cooling fan,but a big black heat sink is there.what about the heating habits of this card.
Thank You.I brought Nvidia chipset card in particular due to AMD(Ati)'s poor Linux driver support.waiting for answers :-|

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Do download the latest nvidia drivers. 7300GT supports openGL 2.0 so I guess, you can make full use of it in Linux.

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
@gan12320021: Chullans! Thank U
@sourav:Yes it supports OpenGL 2,waiting for this to be installed,got jus few hours back.and yes i hope it is well supported in Linux.I'd have cared for AMD(Ati) hmm...but they..no good drivers for Linux,tats what i heard.
and guys..wat about mahi questions.. :-|

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Pins are fine, just plug it in. At max, in case of some problem your computer won't boot. Make sure u plug the extra power cable if any.

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
@charangk:yes.it is 256 MB DDR-II dedicated one.
specs below link:
edit:wait guys!i got dis one: PV-T73E-UDJ3,dual dvi! sone pe suhaga!:D
*xfxforce.com/web/product/listConfigurationDetails.jspa?series=GeForce%26trade%3B+7300&productConfigurationId=303568

wat about the price for which i brought dis?

Last edited:

gannu_rox

In the zone
gx_saurav said:
Pins are fine, just plug it in. At max, in case of some problem your computer won't boot. Make sure u plug the extra power cable if any.

No pwr cables fer even 7600GT I believe!!!

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
praka123 said:
@charangk:yes.it is 256 MB DDR-II dedicated one.

wat about the price for which i brought dis?

I am also interested in buying the same model :) thats the reason i asked. link. I think the price is reasonable. After you start using you brand new GFX card,please let us know about the performance and specially the TV Out quality.

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
^^ OK.but TV out..some delay will be..but Yaar it is a proven card na..solid one yr after it released?if i'm not wrong.
As reg price,do all these cards avail in India are dual dvi types

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^I was not at all interested in GFX card till last week. So i didnt keep in touch with GFX technology :p , and even now i dont know much about GFX card , I just wanted a card that will take some load off my CPU , and ofcourse for AERO :D

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
can u tell me from where did ya get if from. The price seems gud and some of my friends are gonna buy some cards .

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
^^ is it to me?I brought from rashi peripherals ekm directly.contact number is:
*www.rptechindia.com/rashib2c/htmls/network.asp
and now i think that card will be available for arnd 3.5K+ .may be r u can get 7800GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom