Broadcasting IP to use WebUI utorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
I've discovered the greatness of the WebUI of utorrent. Now, There seems to be a problem

Scenario: I have a Switch (router is it?) which connects my Dataone modem, and two PCs via lan. The Listening port check in utorrent says that it is blocked. How do I unblock it? Is it a PC level configuration or a switch level?

Also, I have another PC connected via Sify. The listening port works fine, only thing is the ip changes every day or so. How do I know what the IP of the office PC is when I want to control it from home?

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
goobimama said:
I've discovered the greatness of the WebUI of utorrent. Now, There seems to be a problem

Scenario: I have a Switch (router is it?) which connects my Dataone modem, and two PCs via lan. The Listening port check in utorrent says that it is blocked. How do I unblock it? Is it a PC level configuration or a switch level??

It is a switch...router and switch r diff...first make sure if it is router or switch :D...
If its router then u have to configure that and if its switch then its PClevel config...
Try using port 80..do helps....else use trial and error method for ports...
One tuts for ports is in tuts section

goobimama said:
Also, I have another PC connected via Sify. The listening port works fine, only thing is the ip changes every day or so. How do I know what the IP of the office PC is when I want to control it from home?
THis is ur PC in office??? and is must be connected buy router??? am i correct??

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
I'll check about the router switch thing. Anyway the listening port is 28165, so can I just give it a port of 80?

The second pC (sify) is directly connected to sify. Not sure how sify handles it, but there's no router in the office. the WebUI works fine on that, only thing the IP changes so I'm stuck at home...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom