Broadbank Thru EPABX - How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I m having EPABX sys. on my phone line (will post its name n model no. shortly). Now I want to connect d wire to my ADSL modem as well as EPABX.

1. I want to know whethr connecting same wire thru splitter to EPABX and Modem will create any sort of problem in my DataOne Connection - like disconnections, loss of quality, etc? I hav heard dat voltage in EPABX wil harm broadband conn....

2. Whethr I can take one conn. frm EPABX n connect it to my modem n use broadband?

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@cheeta

I want to knw if d format u hav shown wil cause any prb to broadband conn. - disconnections, prbs due to voltage frm EPABX?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@cheeta

I want to knw if d format u hav shown wil cause any prb to broadband conn. - disconnections, prbs due to voltage frm EPABX?

I am afraid It can !!! for few reasons.... as at frst even when i used to use Cordless phone in that format, i used to face disconection problem...

but after making complain to BSNL, local exchange guys increased for made some techinical setting change in exchange to make the line stable...

:(

So, theoritically voltage is suppose to be high bellow of the EPBX, its not spoose to travel back to the spliter !!! unless u have a faulty settings !!!

So if u have a ggod EPBS system its not suppose to cause any problem... :D

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Thnx 4 d info... wil try it out n let u knw if it creates ne prb.

Andr query - is broadband possible thru EPABX? I mean instead of having a splitter, can one end of wire from EPABX b put into modem? I hav "0" dialing frm EPABX. So if poss. wht shud b d prefix for dialing no.?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Akshay said:
Andr query - is broadband possible thru EPABX? I mean instead of having a splitter, can one end of wire from EPABX b put into modem? I hav "0" dialing frm EPABX. So if poss. wht shud b d prefix for dialing no.?

Well in broadband u dont need to Dial any thing, as the process which are are talking about is, Dial up, in which DATA and Voice travels on same frequecny, but in case of ADSL, they are on different Frequency...

So, there are tomany IFs and Buts in the process of connection from ADSL, as many things needs to be consider on the network...

but one thing for sure, Voice lines will face tons of disturbance if u try to do so :p

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Thnx once again.... I spoke to BSNL ppl n dey told me dat EPABX wil definitely create prbs 4 me n I wil face disconnections evn if parameters wer changed. So will hav to get a new landline conn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom