BroadBand user of BSNL...any tweaks for MT882???

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi!
I am fed up with the speed of BSNL Broadband..After the so called speed upgrade of BSNL to 2mbps...I am not really experiencing any major changes in my connection..

Perhaps..I have tested in many sites for the speed..I am getting the following results in those sites (almost same)::::

Download Speed ==77-82 KB/s
Upload Speed====110-121 KB/s...

Is that possible..my upload speed is way ahead of my download speed..Is there any setting or tweaks to be done in the Modem setting..I am using MT882..

I have contacted the c/c but nothing happened..they are saying that it is happening there also for the past two weeks..and all the time the say I am taking a complaint and giving me the docket no..

Please help..me any setting in the modem..???

Last edited:

Hells_Fury

In the zone
The spped is "Up To" 2 Mbps, and not a constant 2 Mbps. So, dont expect a constant 2 Mbps speed. The actual connection speed varies a lot. Sometimes, its even lesser than 256 Kbps...

sourishzzz1234

Q6600 Underclocked
;)Hi beter opt for the USB cable given to u withzzz the Modem..
Try using it.
With it i can access internet at much faster speeds....:rolleyes:

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
sourishzzz1234 said:
;)Hi beter opt for the USB cable given to u withzzz the Modem..
Try using it.
With it i can access internet at much faster speeds....:rolleyes:

LAN is anytime better.

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
Configure MT882.

It is problem with only & only & only BSNL.
----
I have connected it with Realtek NIC.
Configure at:

----

Open: *192.168.1.1/
User: admin
password: admin

Reset your modem in "settings".
It will restart in 2 minutes.

Configure PPoe at given username at psssword, wtih always connected & enjoy.

contactram

Broken In
after the speed upgrade my torrent speeds turned crap d/l ~25KBps and upload ~25 KBps. I limited the upload speed to 15KBps and now i am getting d/l speeds 75-100 KBps.

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
contactram said:
after the speed upgrade my torrent speeds turned crap d/l ~25KBps and upload ~25 KBps. I limited the upload speed to 15KBps and now i am getting d/l speeds 75-100 KBps.

I have seen is many sites about configuring the torrent s/w..they says that the upload limit should be 0.8*the bandwidth of the connection..

So when BSNL provides the bandwidth which is between 256kbps to 2mbps..then how should be the calculation done..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom