Broadband Suggestion.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guyz I need ur suggestion..............

Currently I'm on Airtel BroadBand Home 999 plus scheme
384kbps connecting speed and at abt 50KBps d/l speed with no d/l cap.......................I'm not satisfied.........

One more plan of them caught my eyes.........i.e. Home 2222 plus........unlimited d/l and 1MBps speed which means 128KBps d/l speed..................does this 2222K justifies the 128KBps speed, would this plan be value for money or my current one is right choice?
Please suggest................
Thanx

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
You say No Download caps, then how much speed you achieve, I mean the maximum download speed you've achieved and that too with consistency but a t regular intervals like in BSNL Night Unlimited users generally get 126-256KBps speed between 2AM-8AM and almost 55KBps during daytime. What's ur case?

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well then your lines are capped just like mine(512Kbps UL). Have you seen this 1Mbps UL connection in action somewhere? Well 128KBps is going to be a huge jump from 50-52KBps considering the fact that it is a Unlimited connection and u will be downloading majority of the time so it depends on this, "Can You Afford it?" Ask your folks first and if u r an independent supporting urself then calculate what the expenditure on such connection is going to bite in your other necessary outgo. "The best decision is always taken by the man himself". :)

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I can afford it................but I don't want to take only bcz I can afford it...........

I download mostly torrentz......(u know wat)......
so...........still in dilema..............I would have paid d amount happily if d speed was 256KBps but its 128..........so askin u............does 2222k justifies 128Kbps d/l speed??

mastermunj

In the zone
You can try for tata night plan providing speed upto 2MBPS.

Check these 2 links.

1st one is for the Time based plan.

*www.tataindicombroadband.in/access/prepaid/order/prepaid_tariff_Pre_a.html

2nd one is for the top-up details.

*www.tataindicombroadband.in/access/promo/9to9.html

My Suggestion:

Stay with your Airtel Home 999 Plus Scheme.
Take Quick Power 300 from Tata with 299/- Top up giving u 2MBPS from 9PM to 9AM.

One of my friend is using only above mentioned Tata plan as he is home only after 8 in night and hence it gives him loads of benifit.

Costing:

999 [+ tax(if any)] = 999/- [1123/- with 12.5% tax (if any)]

Quick Power 300: Effective Cost PM = 945/- + 299/- = 1244/-.

TOTAL: 999 + 1244 = 2243/-.
OR if taxed 1123 + 1244 = 2367/-.

Advantage you will get here is that you will have redundancy at your place.

You will have to figure out whether you can manage easily using both connections and switching between them.

Plus also check out that if you are using 299/- top up, will your time based connection meter be on during 9PM to 9AM?? I hope your time remains undeducted during the night plan.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@mastermunj
dats a gr8 idea.........even I'm also workin............go to office at 9 come at 7-8pm......n pathetically power goes off for 2 hrs daily and my pc shuts down n any d/l task stops..........

hmmmmmmmm
good idea.......
thanx............

hey dude, if this is ur usage pattern (i.e. after 9 PM ) then the NU from TATA is the plan for you. but its not like what manuj has explained.
I am using it since Feb ...the plan is :
u'll pay 6371 for 6 months i.e 1062 /- PM
u'll get 5670 Rs for 300 hrs for 6 months i.e 5670/300=19 Rs per hour(approx).
Now the main point ...u dnt have to give additional 299 Rs to activate the night plan ..it will be deducted from ur balance(5670 at starting) every month.
So 299 X 6 = 1794 will be deducted in six installments from ur account.
So the Usable balance will be 5670-1794 = 3876

Total Usable Hours 3876 / 19 = 204 hrs

This means after paying 6371 Rs for six months u'll get

Unlimited Internet at 2Mbps everyday 9 PM to 9 AM

204 hrs of Internet usage @ 2 Mbps (to be used in 6 months ) in day time i. e. 9 AM - 9 PM.

this means 204/6 = 34 hrs per month or a little more than 1 hour daily (in day time).

Hope it helps.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hey thanks buddy............

In that case i would like to keep another Airtel unlimited low bandwidth for everyday browsing...............n for d/l this Tata.......

Can u tell me how much d/l speed u get during night time or any kinda connection cut probs.........cz one of my frnd is complainin abt it..........gets disconnected very soon.....

i get around 200 KBps for torrents and 220 for direct downloads. As far as i have experienced ..apart for occasional Fibre cuts ... there r no such disconnecting probs. I am satisfied. The only -ve point is that u have to upgrade ur HDD at regular intervals :D

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
i get around 200 KBps for torrents and 220 for direct downloads. As far as i have experienced ..apart for occasional Fibre cuts ... there r no such disconnecting probs. I am satisfied. The only -ve point is that u have to upgrade ur HDD at regular intervals :D
Harry Puttar, which broadband connection is this? is it Unlimited? :eek:

no .. not unlimited ..
i pay 1922 for 3 months

28 hrs per month at 2 Mbps
Night Unlimited 9 PM to 9 AM at 2 Mbps

enuff for me. ...

PS: its not harry puttar, u missed the NEO part :p

mastermunj

In the zone
ahha... it seems tata is pleasing all night surfers and those who wanna do HDD full downloading ;)

I am unfortunate that Tata is not able to provide connection at my place. I am using Reliance Wi-Max and they do not have any such thing in post paid :(

let's hope for better speeds in near future..

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Currently I am using MTNL BB, but I will suggest you to stick with Airtel BB. They have better support and service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom