Broadband connection in Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

faraaz

Evil Genius
I'm being offered a 10000 Kbps connection for around 65 swiss francs a month (2275 rupees/month) with unlimited upload/download.

If I take it, I also get a VoIP landline with free internet calling facility...

What do you guys think?? Worthwhile??

Here's link:

*www.cablecom.ch/en/index/internet/hispeed.htm

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
infra_red_dude said:
on the contrary, switzerland and ONLY 10Mbps connection??!!

Yea dude take 40gbps connection.(Yes it is possible but not on commercial scale as yet)

Switzerland-I am impressed.I think europe is much better than US and UK.

OK now as for 10mbps connection-Take it what are you waiting for?

OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
See...I'm thinking because I found this OTHER plan, link below:

*www.swisscom-fixnet.ch/fx/privatkunden/internet/internetzugang/bluewin_dsl/index.htm

Check out their fastest plan...if I pay 25 more francs a month (or a total of 3000 rupees a month) I get a 15000 Kbps connection. And yeah, like infra_red_dude said, I thought Switzerland would be faster than this.

@The_Devil_Himself: Yeah, going to Switzerland for MBA...leaving day after tomorrow! :D

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
faraaz said:
See...I'm thinking because I found this OTHER plan, link below:

*www.swisscom-fixnet.ch/fx/privatkunden/internet/internetzugang/bluewin_dsl/index.htm

Check out their fastest plan...if I pay 25 more francs a month (or a total of 3000 rupees a month) I get a 15000 Kbps connection. And yeah, like infra_red_dude said, I thought Switzerland would be faster than this.

@The_Devil_Himself: Yeah, going to Switzerland for MBA...leaving day after tomorrow! :D
Going to switzerland for MBA thats kinda unheard of.But I am sure you will love it there.It's nice to see someone breaking the odds.

DUDE send me postcards from there.

EDIT:
hey check out this from the link you gave:

For everyone under 26 Full service at half the price - it's good to be young.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@faraaz Best of luck, I hope you will continue to be a active member of digit :)

Does anyone realize that BSNL is already providing 10Mbps connection to home users in India?? It's just a matter of couple of months before they revise the data usage plans.

OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
@Vish: Yeah, Zurich only I am going for my MBA. The university itself is in this small town a few kilometres from Zurich.

@The_Devil_Himself: Not really that unheard of...half my class is Indian man...AND the college I am going to was ranked no. 4 in Europe after IMD & LSB and INSEAD by Karrere magazine (Germany). Since the program is less than 5 yrs old (English...way older in German) it doesn't show up in any US lists...and then again, the US lists are sh!t for most good European and Asian management colleges.

In case anyone is interested, check out: *www.mba.unisg.ch...

@Charang: Thanks dude...of course I will be hanging around the forums. Internet means distance no bar!!

PS: Good to be young?? HALLELUJAH! 45 swiss francs for a 15 MBps unlimited connection!?!? I've died and gone to heaven!! Ha ha ... I can download like 1 season of a tv series per day...or maybe more...

OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
That 15 MBps connection for 45 francs or 1575 rupees a month is TOO sweet a deal...and since I'm only going to live there for 12 months ANYWAY...its way too awesome.

Any idea how much faster that is compared to a 256 K DSL line? That's what I am on right now... :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
faraaz said:
That 15 MBps connection for 45 francs or 1575 rupees a month is TOO sweet a deal...and since I'm only going to live there for 12 months ANYWAY...its way too awesome.

Any idea how much faster that is compared to a 256 K DSL line? That's what I am on right now... :D
is that 15MBps or 15Mbps?

if its 15Mbps then its about 60 times faster than your 256Kbps DSL line.
if its 15MBps then its about 500 times faster than your 256Kbps DSL line.

OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
See I dunno the diff between the capital or small B...

The proper thing is: 15000 Kilobits per second.

Now, how much is that??

@Chester: Thanks man!

azzu

AJJU
if it is 15000 kilo bits
then its about 60 times faster than your 256Kbps DSL line

and good luck faraaz bhai i wish u all the best .
khuda hafeez (not frm the forum ) :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom