Bought hp 2701 tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
Yesterday I bought hp 2701tx laptop from Nehru Place for 45.3K.
Unfortunately, one of the speakers is giving noisy hissing sounds while playing music. Service centers remains closed on weekends, so waiting for Monday to get it replaced or atleast repaired soon.
Since this is a manufactuing defect, they should replace the laptop ( I assume).

ThinkFree

Technomancer
If replacement warranty was there with laptop, company should provide you a new one. But if its only a small defect, they might just be repairing it

pm_ob

Right off the assembly line
Don't waste your time doing anything tech support suggests to fix the problems you are having with your tx laptop. They are simply defective. It's intuitively obvious to all computer engineers and tech savvy people, but HP refuses to acknowledge this reality. The end result for any tx laptop is that it will overheat, the mother board fries and your finished. Before that, you'll have all kinds of other problems, not the least of which being the issues with loosing the settings on your wireless LAN b/c there is a defective NVidia chipset in the tx line. When that happens you're near the end.

HP will charge you money to replace your motherboard which will only fry again...and will also NOT fix your wireless LAN problems, or the problems with coming out of sleep mode and having your computer freeze. HP is burning all of their customers by pretending that this problem does not exist. I spent hours and hours pleading with their support staff to replace my laptop with a non-defective model and they refused. I informed them that they'd be leaving me with no other option than to file a small claim against HP in court. At which point HP had a person call me from the complaint resolution dept. His name was Javier and he informed me that he was at the highest level of complaint resolution. Through his broken English and improper grammar he also informed me that the best HP could do was offer me a 30% discount on the repair. I asked Javier, "And let me guess...the 'repair' would be to replace the motherboard, right?" He said yes. I explained to Javier once again that essentially what HP is asking me now to do is to waste even more money on a defective product when they know for a fact that it will not fix the problem. The motherboard will only fry again. He said that he was closing this complaint and citing that I declined their "offer to help me."

Ridiculous. I am livid. I have been a loyal HP customer for 9 years. My Dad is a programmer and turned me onto HP and ever since, I have bought exclusively...desktops, laptops, wireless keyboard/mice combos, speakers, monitors, webcams...even printer. And everyone knows HP puts out horrible printers. I bought them anyway. Nine years of loyal customer purchases...all to be completely burned. I spent $1400 on a piece of garbage that gave me problems since day one. In fact, I bought two. The first, fried on day 3 and I had it replaced. I have explained all of this to HP in writing and over the phone with their "highest level of complaint resolvers" and HP has completely burned me. I will NEVER purchase another HP product again and I will do my very best to share my experience of being ignored by HP after 9 years of buying their products. To pour salt on the wound, the HP rep lied to me at the end of the call and insisted that HP has no record of any other complaints regarding this issue. I literally laughed out loud. I said, "Sir, you're lying through your teeth!" Dozens of forums exist online with hundreds and hundreds of postings form people who have been burned, just like me. HP is totally aware that this problem exists. Do not let their support staff lie to you! First thing Monday morning, I will be filing a small claim against HP. And I will send out a mass email to the 3,00 or so people on my list, to alert them of what HP is doing to me, and so many other people who have purchased their defective garbage. i will request that every single person forward my email to as many people as the y can, alerting them that HP sells known defective products and burns their customers. You may email any questions to me at pm_ob@yahoo.com.

Or you can email another victim of the tx line, Wayne@WayneSallee.com. He has posted a lot of helpful info after being lied to and scammed by HP as well.

Or go to:

*hplies.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=294
to find out more about the lies HP tells their customers about the defective products they sell.

Or read a news article about HP being aware of the defective Nvidia chipset @:
*www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/675/1043675/hp-desktops-defective-nvidia

My suggestion to anyone is to completely avoid ever buying any HP product ever again. So many of them are defective and HP will burn you once you discover this. Here are the conversations I had over email with tech support. Keep in mind, this convo starts AFTER I have already explained to them, everything you have read above.

THEM: Hello Paul,
Thank you for contacting HP Total Care. I understand how you feel. I really appreciate your patience. I apologize for your inconvenience. I see from your email that you have several issues with your HP Pavilion tx1420us Notebook PC. As now your notebook is out of warranty hence, any services created for your notebook should be chargeable for you. If you need further assistance, please reply to this message and we will be happy to assist you further. For information on keeping your HP and Compaq products up and running, please visit our Web site at: *www.hp.com/go/totalcare.
Sincerely,
Lukman
ME: The warranty is irrelevant when the line is defective. There are design model flaws in this laptop and the line should be recalled, as stated in my previous email. I am quite sure you have dealt with many complaints regarding this exact problem. To completely disregard everything I wrote to you and simply refer me to the fact that my warranty is out of date is extremely poor customer service. There are dozens of forums that currently have posts regarding the exact issues I have addressed in my previous email to you. The fact that I purchased two identical laptops that both had the exact same problem is not excusable by referring to warranty time frames.
Please instruct me on how I may return this defective model for an HP line that is NOT known by HP to be defective. I have been purchasing HP products exclusively for nine years now. I have never had any major issues prior to this and have therefore, been a very loyal customer. But to be blown off by customer service, using the warranty as an excuse to not address the fact that this line is defective will leave me with very little options. This was the most expensive laptop in the store at the time I purchased it. Now, 14 months later, it is barely working. And this, after a year of dealing with myriad technical issues regarding the many flaws in this laptop's design, primarily the fact that it becomes so hot that, even while sitting on a usb hub fan, it will burn your skin if you touch it in the upper right-hand corner.
Please understand that, while an expired warranty certainly voids a replacement request if the problem causing the request is an isolated incident. But when the issue that is causing the replacement request is widely known to be a defective design problem within that model, then HP should offer to replace it with another model that is not defective. HP should also recall that line. I have wasted many hours, doing everything I could do to fix the problems I have been having before finding out that this line is simply defective. My patience has run thin, I am extremely upset with HP and I want this problem resolved as soon as possible. Please do not recite the warranty routine again. Please exercise proper customer service and replace the defective model you sold to me.
Thank you,
Paul O’Brien
THEM: Hello Paul, Thank you for contacting HP Total Care. I understand your concern that the issue with your HP Pavilion tx1420us Notebook PC. I checked with our data base unfortunately your : HP Pavilion tx1420us Notebook PC doesn’t fall into that recall program. As soon as we get any detail regarding recall program for this series we will inform you accordingly. If you want to repair notebook it will be charged service. I really appreciate your patience. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you need further assistance, please reply to this message and we will be happy to assist you further. For information on keeping your HP and Compaq products up and running, please visit our Web site
at: *www.hp.com/go/totalcare
Sincerely,
Prasad

ME: Please have your manager read over the following forum, ( *www.xiirus.net/articles/article-hp...ppearing-wireless-network-card-fix-t522o.aspx ) written by all kinds of people who have been burned by HP as a result of having purchased a tx line...and explain to me why there is no recall? Why are you charging your customers to have a defective line repaired/replaced? This is one of many many forums. I have read hundreds and hundreds of posts stating the exact same problem that I am having...and receiving the exact same kind of blow-off by HP support. If you refuse to rectify my problem, you will leave me no option but to pursue being reimbursed for this defective model in small claims court. There is no way I am going to just walk away from spending what I did on this laptop. Additionally, I absolutely will not accept being charged for its repair, especially when I already know that the repair HP performs for this issue only keeps the laptop working for a brief period...which makes HP's response to this problem even dirtier.

You have been told the rest from here…DON’T BUY HP!!!!

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ It seems 2 be a true eye opener.

I had purchased a Compaq notebook around 2 years back whose motherboard went kaput in Nov, 08. This is true that HP/Compaq laptops do not have the best quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom