Bop up Messenger service on LAN help reqd

Status
Not open for further replies.

imvikky

Right off the assembly line
I m handling a LAN of 35 computers placed at separate locations and I m trying to load a messenger service avbl as freeware. I tried Bopup Communication Server with Bopup messenger as the solution from bell labs but once installed on the LAN. The messeges sent to the whole domain or @ALL are delivered but the moment I try to send message to a particular user or computer the message comes that the user not avbl do u want to store the message on comm server and after some time the server is also not found. :roll: I tried file transfer also but the error is the computer/user name not resolved. However the Bopup scanner scans the network all the computers with the users logged on them correctly. I have a Client server configuration with win 2003 server and win 2000 pro/ win XP clients.....
Can anyone help me on this? I posted my problem to Bell Labs to no replies. :shock: And the online help says to start BCserver in services menu on the Bopup Communication server computer but on my server this option is not available at all....... :?:

Kannan

In the zone
I think you better take a look here,

*www.ipmsg.org/index.html.en

This works fine.
But no offline messaging !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom