booting problems for win 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omsck

Broken In
i installed win98 from a bootable CD given by my friend.the installation is smooth, no problems.but after the splash screen is displayed, the message is shown:
Windows Security error.Please Restart.

this happens in normal mode. but the pc runs in safe mode.
i even formatted the HD & then tried but sme prob.

is there a problem with the CD ?
what can be the cause of this problem ? how to run it normally ?

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Omsck said:
i installed win98 from a bootable CD given by my friend.the installation is smooth, no problems.

Yes... There is a problem with the CD.

1) Borrowing The OS from a friend is injurious to your PC. So get yourself a licenced version. :twisted:

2) Windows 98 is no longer supported. So why don't you go for Windows XP Home/Prof.

3) Read the rules of the forum

Have a nice day :D

theraven

Technomancer
1) its not injurious its illegal
2) windoes 95 is not supported ... ppl still use 98
3) he isnt asking for anything illegal .. tho mentionin it is against the rules too so omsck i suggest u edit ur post

to the question ... did you try a reinstall ?
try running the system file chacker in safe mode and see if it works

try gettin another installation of win 98 or test the current one on another pc !

swatkat

Technomancer
Can u boot from Safe mode?

Did u installed Drivers for Graphics and Sound aftrer the installation?

If a real-mode driver and a protected-mode driver are in conflict.

If the registry is damaged.

If either the Win.com file or the Command.com file are infected with a virus, or if either of the files are damaged.

If a protected-mode driver is loaded from the System.ini file and the driver is already initialized.

If there is a physical input/output (I/O) address conflict or a random access memory (RAM) address conflict.

If there are incorrect complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings for a built-in peripheral device (such as cache settings, CPU timing, hard disks, and so on).

If the Plug and Play feature of the computer's basic input/output system (BIOS) is not working correctly.

If the computer contains a malfunctioning cache or malfunctioning memory.

If the computer's motherboard is not working properly.

If you installed Microsoft Office 97 and you are using the Novell Client 32 software.

Microsoft gives above possible causes for the error......:)

Boot into SAFE mode and do try this:-
1] if u have installed Graphics/VGA Drivers, then uninstall it in Safe mode.

2] uninstall Audio drivers.

3] Perform SFC, go to Start> Run and type sfc and press Enter.

4] Perform Registry Check, do this, Go to Start> Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Information. In System Information, clikc Tools Menu and from there click Registry Checker.

5] Run ScanDisk.

Reboot in Normal mode and check for errors.

u better check the Win98 CD for the presence of viruses.

OP
O

Omsck

Broken In
thanx for all the support but i have formatted my HD, installed win Xp original & thrown away the 98 cd

h4xbox

Journeyman
You have made a mistake by moving to XP ....

You need not have formatted.. instead you coud have overwritten ur existing windows98..

You ask the question and u find a solution by yourself
(i mean you dont follow anybody's post)

It is highly idiotic ..

Re: Win98

ganesh_dabhade said:
If u have attached new hardware, remove it and then try installing win98
Mate check what did You Wrote,Dont Wanna comment
But Do Read What Is the Question,IT cant be problem With the Installation Of new Hardware At all

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Omsck said:
thanx for all the support but i have formatted my HD, installed win Xp original & thrown away the 98 cd

All is well when it ends well ....
You may also want to upgrade to SP2 Also.. Just checkout one of the previous issues of DIgit.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
kl_ravi said:
Omsck said:

All is well when it ends well ....
You may also want to upgrade to SP2 Also.. Just checkout one of the previous issues of DIgit.

but what about the borrowing thing? sp2 cannot be installed on illegal versions :D

kl_ravi

Journeyman
That's right... He cannot install SP2 or AutopacherXP on pirated versions. :twisted: :twisted:

As you can see in his posting, he has said he installed Original version. Let us wait and see whether he was successful in upgrding to SP2 :)

theraven

Technomancer
actually he can install autopatcher not sp2 :p
AFAIK that is !
autopatcher is simply individual updates
infact he can install autopathcer august 04 full and then jan 05
he probably wont have all the patches .. and some might not install
anyways this isnt a work ard solution .... the only simple solution is to get a legal copy of windows
i only fear for security and hence the above "suggestion" so to speak

@h4xbox did u write sp4 for xp ?
man ur better than i thot
and u skipped sp3 too !! WOW !!!
is this the official MS patch or an unofficial SP like we have for win 98 ?
lol :lol: ur laughable man

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
@theraven
i am not sure, but i think AutoPatcher requires atlease SP1 installed. and SP1 itself requires original versions.

theraven

Technomancer
yeah but there are tricks n ways ... and im pretty sure everyone has sp1 ATLEAST on their system
tho i dun encourage it its the truth !
hence my statement was asuming ppl have atleast sp1 installed on their system .. by hook or by crook !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom