boot.ini trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikhar

Journeyman
Hi I have a P4 2.4 Ghz 1GB+256MB RAM !60GB+20GB HDD. I had Win 2000 on my C partition and Win XP on G: (C & D-initially was the 20GB HDD configured Primary master initially) but I changed it to primary slave and 160GB as the primary master using the jumper.

My Win 2000 developed a problem so I was reinstalling it by booting the PC from the CDROM. when I got the screen showing the partitions I chose F:

But after the installation it seems that

Initially Finally
G: is C:
C: D:

F: is E:
J: I:
D: is H:

and DVD drives are I: & J: now (which were initially E: & F:)

Can u please write the boot.ini file for me considering Win XP Pro on C partition and Win 2000 on F:

Thanks in advance.

Most Wanted

In a New flavour
Hi I have a P4 2.4 Ghz 1GB+256MB RAM !60GB+20GB HDD. I had Win 2000 on my C partition and Win XP on G: (C & D-initially was the 20GB HDD configured Primary master initially) but I changed it to primary slave and 160GB as the primary master using the jumper.

My Win 2000 developed a problem so I was reinstalling it by booting the PC from the CDROM. when I got the screen showing the partitions I chose F:

But after the installation it seems that

Initially Finally
G: is C:
C: D:

F: is E:
J: I:
D: is H:

and DVD drives are I: & J: now (which were initially E: & F:)

Can u please write the boot.ini file for me considering Win XP Pro on C partition and Win 2000 on F:

Thanks in advance.

PM your email id to me.
i will send you when i shall sit on my system.

OP
S

Shikhar

Journeyman
I got it done myself the hit and trial way and after reading some articles.

For those wishing to know.....

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom