Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

i am not sure where to ask this..incase this is the wrong section, mods pls move it to the required section and i ll make a note of wat section to post these sort in future...

I need a real good book on "C programming" or "C++ programming". Especically on topics, Functions, Arrays, Pointers and Structures.. and preferably a foreign author... cud any1 suggest a name for it? thk u.

/legolas

tuXian

In the zone
man why dont you try an Indian author......... many an IT pro's have got good jobs coz this book gave them good basics.

I recommend 'Let Us C' by Yashwant Kanitkar

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Hey there were so many threads related to this topic...u should have searched...

Anyways......The best book for C is Let Us C by Yeshwant Kanitkar

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
as far as i hav searched only "let us C" is being told again and again. i hav read it and dont feel impressive. the language, presentation and other things too are not that good. so i asked for a better book... there is no better book available for C than yashwant kanitkar? i wonder that??? even here all 3 replies were abt Let us C...

/legolas

go4saket

Try the below mentioned forum. This will help you...

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29690

For your convinience, Try www.95mb.com
As the site name says, it gives you 95 MB of space and unlimited bandwidth. The best thing about this host is that there are no advertisements on you site and the speed is awsome. I already have hosted my site on the server.

go4saket

Hey, So Sorry for submitting the answer in the wrong forum... Really sorry.
Anyways, As for a book on C, I dont think there is any book better than "Let Us C". As I myself am a direct student of Yashwant Kanitkat, I can assure you that no other book covers C in such a detailed way. For pointers, you can try "Understanding Pointers In C", again by Yashwant Kanitkar. But mind you, till the time you are not comfortable with C, dont go for pointers, else you will never like to learn C. For C++, try "Turbo C++" by Robert Lafore. Thats the best book for C++

puja399

In the zone
If u really want to learn C, go and get the only good book for C, that is "The C Programming language" by Kernighan and Richie.(No offence to Kanitkar lovers, I don't think those books are that impressive, other than being voluminous). K & R is THE BEST BOOK ever written in C.

And for C++, u should get hold of "Thinking in C++" by Bruce Eckel.

the_moon

Journeyman
The topics that U've mentioned are Basics of these Prog Languages.
I recommend
Let Us C or Balaguruswamy for C Programming
and
Sumita Arora & Robert Lafore for C++ Programming.

blacklight

Journeyman
for beginners , i wuld suggest the Kanitkar series..but for those who really want to learn C,
get a copy of Kernighan and Richie or K&R as it is called .

puja399 said:
K & R is THE BEST BOOK ever written in C.

i certainly agree with puja399 on this one !

bukaida

In the zone
From Professor's desk

I have been teaching the C language for the past five years to the BTech and MCA students(Also I am one of the University paper setter & Evaluater for C).Now C language can be catagorised in different levels based on your requirements.I am trying to help you-

1. Basics--E.Balaguruswamy or Schaum's Series by Godfred.

2. System levels and Graphics-- Y. Kanitkar(Although some of the concept of Kanitkar is verymuch of his own like-C is a middle level language etc..).

3. Program Examples: Programming with C by T.Jeyapoovan.(Vikas Pub)

4. For reference- The complete reference in C (TMH)

5. The real flavour--one and only bokk by K&R.

6. After learning- Test your C skills--Kanitkar and C under Dos test -Vijaymukhi.

If you require further clarification, donot hesitate to ask.

adityaksharma

Broken In
for both c and c++ u can buy books by herbert schidlt they are gr8 for pointers u can buy pointers in c . detel and detel series is also good and K&R is really great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom