Bluetooth networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
I want to make a lan connection between 2 pc's using bluetooth. The bluetooth adapters are of IVT Bluesoleil. Can anyone provide a step by step guide on how to do so.

I am able to pair the pc's but don't know how to create a bluetooth network.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
use the personal area network option. but believe me pal, this is the most unstable connection. you'll eventually be frustrated wid this!

din

Tribal Boy
^^ For sure

Just curious - Any reasons you try on BT network ? As the Wireless adpter prices r coming down a lot, isn't it a better option ?

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
Yeah it is simple refer this link:
*www.conniq.com/Windows-networking/Bluetooth_PAN_xp-setup_02.htm

But remember i tried this which resulted in unstability when loads of data to be transferred is bulk,it also has a degraded performance in terms of distance

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
i am not really sure bluetooth and performance go together. It took me 10 minutes to transfer an mp3 file to a mobile from my computer. I didn't even let it finish. Cut it off at 90% or something. And the size of the file was only 6 mb

OP
hemant_mathur

hemant_mathur

The only reason for this is that i wanna try it and know how to do so. I just like to try out things. I dont have any plan of using it much as i already have a wired lan connection between the systems but it's always a good thing to know and try different things.

din

Tribal Boy
Great, yes it is nice and cool to try out new things.

But if you haven't purchased BT dongles yet ... consider buyin wireless usb adapters. You can tryout wireless networking and you can use it too.

OP
hemant_mathur

hemant_mathur

I already had the bluetooth dongles lying around amd just decided to try networking with them.
After a day of trying it out i can say that it's really unstable, may or may not connect, has damn slow speeds and is not to be considered as a networking tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom