Status
Not open for further replies.

mario_pant

In the zone
hey i just bought a nokia 6600.....and a bluetooth USB dongle..... the prob is that i can't use the PC suit..... i just does not connect...... so i tried searching on the net there was something written there about clicking on bluetooth in control panel.... BUT I DONT HAVE IT IN THE CONTROL PANEL...... i tried to use TweakXPUI therer in the control panel btprops.cpl is checked... i tried to undo and redo it again but no use......
i use winXP SP2....P4....compaq presario.......

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
xp sp2 has a big problem with nokia pc suit. i gave up after trying for weeks. just wait for a new version of pc suite to be released.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ok, are u using the stock MS bluetooth drivers?? if yes then uninstall them and install the ones that came wid the dongle. (it will most probably be widcomm or bluesoleil. let us kno which one.

OP
mario_pant

mario_pant

In the zone
ok, are u using the stock MS bluetooth drivers?? if yes then uninstall them and install the ones that came wid the dongle. (it will most probably be widcomm or bluesoleil. let us kno which one.

i use the drivers with the dongle...... and bluesoleil.....
but still PC suite not working

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ok. then you must haf a config utility as a program group if not in control panel.

since i hafnt used pc suite (i own a SE phone), i dunno wot are the connectivity options in it. afa my case is concerned, i use float's media agent (FMA) and i've configured my bluetooth as follows:

uninstalled the bluesoleil drivers, installed widcomm ones. enabled the virtual com port via config utility and selected the connection as serial port in FMA. essentially its just an emulation. the software thinks that its a serial communication but in reality there are no cords and the comm is by bluetooth by a com port emulation.

ok, i dun haf specific nokia + bluesoleil config, but the lnk given below explains the connection of a SE phone using widcomm drivers. you should be able to figure out the analogous parts in nokia suite + bluesoleil.

*www.mobileagent.info/forums/index.php?s=29bd30dd2524c515ae71144827604278&showtopic=32&st=0

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ok found something here..

*www.techslash.com/top5downloads.htm

scroll down to the end of the page and you see the system requirements for the nokia pc suite. it states Digianswer, MS or widcomm only. but then i'm not sure as i hafnt used them.

try uninstalling bluesoleil and try using MS stock and see. report back.

ps: btw this site is run by our very own 2 digiters! sourav from chennai and ferrarif50 (sriram).

OP
mario_pant

mario_pant

In the zone
hey i just removed everything from my PC.. did a restart and reinstalled everything....and this time with the SDK of pc suite installed..... it is working perfectly now.....
----mod please close thread---------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom