bluesoleil installation error,,solution pls,,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkmkmk

In the zone
hi
using gprs with nokia 6021 bluetooth mode, since 3 months
but once after uninstallation of bluetooth dongle drivers ie bluesoleil i tried to install that but i am facing this error,,,,,,,,,

component ; Disk <1>
File group : <Disk 1>Disk 1 file (1)
File : C:program files \ install shield isntallation information \ ( B9F-499B8-D1F0-42FC-84BE-CC552123CCCB)\
Error : The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable

i thought installation cd might be courrpted so have tried installatin of fresh drivers Bluesoleil 1.6.1.4 from website ,,but again facing same error,,,,,

means in short ,,,i am facing same error either with drivers installed from cd or drivers installed after downloading from website Bluesoleil.com

expecting help guys,,,

regards
manoj

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
rename the folder B9F-499B8-D1F0-42FC-84BE-CC552123CCCB to something else. manually delete the bluesoleil folder and the registry reference and it should install fine.

din

Tribal Boy
Not very sure whether I understood your problem correctly, but I guess you couldn't install the BT dongle s/w properly ?

Win XP will detect that BT dongle automatically, no drivers needed . For other OS ,

Check this

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20261

And

*forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=179871 ( Thanks to Ricky )

That may be of help

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
Thanks infra red and din for reply and sorry for my late response but i was busy with my emergency duties,,,,,,,

but infra red i have uninstalled already all IVT bluettooth related folders and even after doing search of that file in program files,,search results are ,,no such file exists here

and din u r guess is perfect i am unable to install bluetooth bluesoleil dongle this time,i cannt install drivers from cd and not from website of bluesoleil,,,,, and i have been using that since 3-4 months
and xp is not detecting dongle,honestly i am not getting that becoz how i will dial connection then,,,,,,

*img498.imageshack.us/img498/1976/bsetuperror9ki.th.jpg

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
little sucess,,,,,,,

by running chkdsk utility i have deleted that file and this time i installed dongle sucessfuly

but ,,,,,,,now drivers not detecting dongle ,,,

,,after clking bluesoleil icon of desktop thats telling me to install dongle and after plugging dongle at usb port i am not getting next messege which i always observed is,,bluetooth is started,,,,,,,,,

so why not drivers detecting bluetooth now even drivers installed properly ?what might be the cause ?

or any problem with bluetooth means failing hardware problem if yes then how i can check whether its working or not

expecting suggestions guys,,,,

regards
manoj

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
One solution is if you can install SP2 in your PC cos drivers are auto-detected by Windows XP SP2. I am guessing SP2 isn't installed as you haven't mentioned about it.
If you suspect hardware problems solution is simple
If the light on bluetooth dongles comes on its working perfectly well.
And if you detect anything wrong with USB port you can connect any other USB device to that port and check.

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
Thanks tech u r future,,,,

my os is xpsp2 i didnt mentioned that in past replies thats my mistake and now i have installed drivers properly but i think problem is with dongle becoz like past its not blinking now and usb ports are fine becoz usb scanner working properly

i think its time to replace dongle now,,,,,but just 2 months ago i purchased this so i thought it will not expire soon,,,,,

suggest me nice bluetooth dongle,,,current one was,,,BLUESOLEIL,,,,

thanks

manoj

mehulved

The bluetooth dongle you used was an unbranded one. Bluesoliel is only the name of the software.
Unbranded ones are generally unreliable. They may or may not work. Mine is working fine for well over 6 months and its an unbranded one. I guess you were out of luck there. Now, for your new dongle you can go for branded one but that will cost a lot more. Unbranded one will be cheap but no guarantee on how much will they last. For some people it has lasted over 2 years. So, do think about it and make your choice to either go for a branded one or an unbranded one.
Before buying just make sure that your dongle surely isn't working by trying it out at some other computer just in case. These things sometimes behave erratically.

OP
M

mkmkmk

In the zone
finally i purchased ORCHID its name of company
price 550 with 1 yr warranty ,beoz of warranty i purchased this one

hope this willl work for long timebecoz of warranty i opted this one
ya u r right i was under wrong delusion about previous dongle bevoz this time too have same software of bluesoleil

thanks for u r nice suggestions tech 4 u and thanks to din and infra red too

regards
manpj

mehulved

That's good and hopefully this one runs for a long time.
I myself was under the same delusion about bluesoliel and came to know about it on the forums itself :).
So, I suppose everything's working fine now.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i've been using the orchid brand since an year widout any problems till now...touch wood!

actually orchid just prints its name on the dongle, the manufacturer is someone else. you can see the manufacturer in the hardware properties window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom