Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoegoe

Broken In

*shoegoe.250free.com/Error2-1.JPG
*shoegoe.250free.com/Error2-2.JPG

wats the error about guys?
usual? or is any of my hd damaged? (HMM>..Mostly RAM?)
I get these kind of errors quite offen.Wat is it about?. took the blue pic in cam,so little

blurred. When the "BLUE SCREEN" appeared, all my devices( all) was non-function and only my reset

button and the ten secoff button was working. all system softwares all updated and i dont find

any probs in my hardwares( that are visual to me). Any ideas?After that, i restarted my pc and

back to normal, but the log appeared(2ndpic). VIRUS?( i dont know well) .

Solution awaited

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
Well to me the problem is with ur RAM ... bcz one of my frd's was also having the same problem .. we tried a lot ... but atlast the problem was corrected when the RAM was replaced :D

So, get urself some RAM from ur frd & check ur RAM too in his comp! use ur comp for few hours & post back ur results! hope this information helps U!

stalin

Journeyman
I think this problem b'coz of internal PCI Modem is conflict with other. Remove the Modem and try in other PCI slot.

mediator

Technomancer
I think its more a conflict issue!
Coz i have faced the same problem!

1.The first time i faced it ihad no idea so formatted the PC
2. The second time i had the problem I learnt that it mentions a specific file. So i tried to find as to which software or driver this file belongs to!
So i figured out that I been facing the problem the time I installed a particular software. I removed the software and bingo i saved my pc from another format!

In your case the file "sm56pci.sys" is not compatible!
Try to find the corresponding software or driver to it!
If its software -> remove it!
If its driver -> update it!

stalin

Journeyman
I think you got a Motorala Internal Modem, only that modem use sm56pci.sys driver. Update the driver nor change Modem in other PCI slot

anomit

In the zone
This is clearly an IRQ conflict caused by the modem driver as can be seen from the top line.
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I had such problems with my FX driver. You can try out the Microsoft OCA after it shows the message "it has recovered from serious error".

stalin has pointed out about the modem file already.

Charley

Just Do It
I had this problem with different other files on my comp. I just format and reinstall back the OS.

OP
shoegoe

shoegoe

Broken In

The main problem is that i get these errors most often during the net and not only in sm56 file. Ive checked the driver info and updated it also , but after i did ,i got various errors due to that UPDATED driver. That driver system supported a sort of call waiting facitlity and i want able to disable it. once in a while (like about 30 mins or so, i got disconected from my net due to its call waiting option). A window poped and informed me that a call was on hold. I checked all other possibilites( like faulty wire cables and sort of things) but nothin was wrong except my modem driver. So i reverted back to this old driver(which doesnt have that facility actually). I also dont have calll waitin facility enabled in my phone. Man ...i,ve fed up of usin this modem :cry: :cry:

And to this issue, that error occured in many types of files . Rams is fine as ive checked it too. Is any of my system files damaged?. ((its like pdm.dll error in win 98.. grr))

after this windows sp though, i get that error rarely.
Issue over, but solutions are always expected.

Thx for ur ideas guys

OP
shoegoe

shoegoe

Broken In
*shoegoe.250free.com/Error3_1.JPG
*shoegoe.250free.com/Error3_2.JPG

Guys...i am wrong....The issue has statred again.

the above two pics( er-3-1,3-2) were taken today. again an error and
the same thing happened. CAn anyone trace the error?

Solutions or Ideas awaited.........pls help

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Seems a hardware conflict.
Your Ram would be fine cos if it were faulty then you wont be able to start your computer.
Do you have multiple ram modules cos if the specification differs(Bus speed etc) then you can face problems.
Try using system restore n try to restore ur system
to some time back when there were no probs.
Enter your systembios at startup and reset all the settings to the default(failsafe) values which would override manual settings.
Set your memore specs to its lowest allowed settings like Ras cas etc by refering your motherboard manual.Also disable shadowing in the bios.
If the problems still persists then disconnect any newly installed devices and other pci or other cards. Reinstall the os from scratch.Load all the necessary drivers.
Install the latest updates(Sp2).
Scan the system for virus.
Check for stability.
Then install your pci cards ,modem src one by one.
Disable any unnessary services.
Best of all temporaryly install linux or boot from any
linux live cd and chect the system for stability.
If you face problems in linux also then its definately a hardware fault and get your motherboard n cards serviced from a techn.

expertno.1

Technomancer
hey i also get this usually !!!!
but its nothing !!!!!
it will be solved automaticaly after you update win xp

anomit

In the zone
Hi shoegoe,
I consulted some forums and web sites and came to the conclusion that this is a problem with the graphics driver or mismatched RAM modules. See these pages:
*support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel915g/sb/CS-016497.htm(graphics)
*forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/t-9778.html(RAM)

expertno.1 said:
it will be solved automaticaly after you update win xp

Please don't keep posting for the sake of increasing your count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom