Blue Screen :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
After a power breakdown, my computer restarted and after the xp boot screen, i see a blue screen for a sec and it is restarting again and again. none of the f8 functions work.

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone
i don't think it's a hardware problem. otherwise i would have not seen the xp loading screen. i think there is a problem with the boot record of xp in my hdd. how can i repair it?

codeash

Broken In
You need to repair the whole windows installation. I hope you have the Windows XP cd and know how to go about reinstalling or repairing the installation. I suspect some system file might have got corrupt as your laptop turned off suddenly during a process. Try reinstalling I would suggest.

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
Oh God! He isn't taling about the BSOD! He's talking about the Blue Screen that says 'Welcome' when you boot XP!

Last edited:

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
Best choice is reinstall XP on that partition

or u can try WinXp repair wizard

for repairing

boot ur PC from CD-ROM using WinXP boot disk
it will ask for Installation or repair
choose repair
and follows steps

hope ur XP got recovered

but better choice is go for a reinstallation

47shailesh

Security Exp
use safemode to boot to ur system and then Restore Back to a previous save point....

Even if this doesnt help you then use "Last known good configuration"

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone
the thing is i don't wanna format cause i formatted just two days ago and i hav installed a lot of stuff. I have already told u ppl that i have tried all the safe mode and lkgf stuff but nothing works. when i repair a command prompt pops up and i don't know the exact commands to type. I am not a noob. i have experienced the real blue screen and had had to replace the cmos chip two times.

Third Eye

gooby pls
Just repair your Windows XP..

Note-> Repairing will not cause any lose to data,it will just repair the files in XP..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom