blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujeet2555

In the zone
my system is window xp with sp2 on p4.it was running nice ,but one one automatic update shows me with some security updates. i downloaded them and then installed .when i restarted it shows blue screen and then restarted.i am unable to see the error messege ,as it comes preety fast.i can't boot in safe mode neither nor when i choose "last known good configuration".please help me i ! :(

chinmay

Journeyman
try repairing ur os with the xp cd....if doesnt work u'll have to reinstall ur os by formatting the root drive...but u can back up important files thru dos if u know the path of those files...

h4xbox

Journeyman
ohh.....bad news..... Try to bet your money on knoppix.

Get the knoppix cd..from linux group and ask them to help
you over phone.(most times they help you very well)

You can work in GUI nearly like windows...instead of using
shitty ms dos

Then u will fall in love with knoppix and slowly eradicate winxp

nutca5e

Broken In
dont start repairing/reinstalling/blah-blah-ing your windows installation unnecessarily. check out the following links from microsoft knowledge base:
*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314466

*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310396

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone
sujeet2555 said:
my system is window xp with sp2 on p4.it was running nice ,but one one automatic update shows me with some security updates. i downloaded them and then installed .when i restarted it shows blue screen and then restarted.i am unable to see the error messege ,as it comes preety fast.i can't boot in safe mode neither nor when i choose "last known good configuration".please help me i ! :(

kiran_k

Broken In
Dude may be you can help us by specifing what was the exact update u installed?, what is the partition u use-ntfs or fat?

also try the following after u get the options menu go to command promt and try out the
chkdsk command. and fix any bad sectors.

aslo it may be due to bad installation of the update or ur internet connection failing in course of online update.
for this u will need to perform a repair install.
boot trou ur XP bootable CD, and go to repair install, incase ur not familiar it asks for repair 2 times, go for the 2nd time install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom