the innocent

Right off the assembly line

Recently my WindowsXP system has been crashing/locking with the
following message on a "blue screen" :

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent
damage
to your coputer.
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you have seen this message reboot your computer.
If you have seen this message before contact your system administrator.

***STOP:0X00000000A (0XC01A4670,OX000000002,0X00000000,0X804DC19F)
Beginning Dump of Physical MemoryDump complete.
..I am using Pentium P4(2.4 GHz,256DDRRam).I have recently add a Combo Drive to my New Pc.plz help me out :shock:

go4saket

Hi Buddy! We both are on the same boat. Well, this problem arises when the memory leakes. Its either because of a problem with the motherboard or with the RAM. In my case, the computer used to make some strange noise before it showed me that message. There can be another problem also, thats related to the OS. The first thing you should try is reinstall your OS and see if the problem is solved. If not, it is sure to be a problem with the hardware. I tried with OS but it still was there. Lated I discovered that my Motherbaord had problems, which I was lucky enough to get replaced under warranty. So try your part...

go4saket

thanks Netjunkie! But how can this create a problem all of a sudden when every thing was working fine till a few days back and no new softwares were installed...

anomit

In the zone
go4saket said:
Hi Buddy! We both are on the same boat. Well, this problem arises when the memory leakes. Its either because of a problem with the motherboard or with the RAM. In my case, the computer used to make some strange noise before it showed me that message. There can be another problem also, thats related to the OS. The first thing you should try is reinstall your OS and see if the problem is solved. If not, it is sure to be a problem with the hardware. I tried with OS but it still was there. Lated I discovered that my Motherbaord had problems, which I was lucky enough to get replaced under warranty. So try your part...

Please go a bit easy on your suggestions....

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Clearly an IRQ conflict caused by faulty drivers, most probably the onboard gfx card drivers or maybe those of the new drive you installed. So check for the latest drivers on the vendor's website.

Tech&ME

Banned
go4saket said:

Don't be a fool to suggest a re-install to solve BSOD problem. BSOD problem on XP is generally caused due to hardware problem. You work on your system daily and it works as fine as it did yesterday and suddenly you get this BSOD ? Why? Some hardware on your system for example RAM, which can get dirty physically on the board due to dust and hence starts to heat up when you use your system for long duration of time, and thus it shows BSOD. In most of the cases, cleaning and re-setting the RAM solves this problem. But yes, there could be other problems that effect this problem. But suggesting a re-install is not a good idea at all in this case, though sometimes it does work.

choudang

Padawan
let me tell you something.. it apears, when some parts of the PC suddenly stopped responding. part = software or hardware.. some times the resouse type/setting IRQ starts to mishave. it might be due to hardware prob or a software prob. we can identify the culprit, just noticed when you got that Screen of Death... but usually it happens due to hardware. OS can't help you out.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
IRQL has nothing to do with IRQ conflict. Don't mind changin your irq settings.
IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS errors mean that a device driver exceeded its alloted security/permission level. This may be primarily due to faulty driver. In this case, you simply have to rollback or update the faulty driver, if it was identified. Sometimes it is due to a fault in the memory module or dislodgement of the same. Even device incompatiblity can also result in this wretched thing. Iit is also an artifact of an over-overclocked memory.
Chief hardware supects are modems, ethernet cards and memory modules and grafx cards in that order.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Tech&ME said:
go4saket said:

Don't be a fool to suggest a re-install to solve BSOD problem. BSOD problem on XP is generally caused due to hardware problem.

first this is no way to talk to someone who u think knows less than u. secondly before calling someone else a fool , know how bigger fool u urself are to make such statement.

If you are using Windows XP, then you can enable "blue-screens" by going to
your System Properties -> Advanced Tab -> Startup and Recovery Settings ...
-> and uncheck the "Automatically restart" check-box. If a
driver-crashes then there is a good chance that the blue-screen that
appears will contain information about the module that was running that can
be used to identify what crashed

driver are the software elements afaik,If a driver crashes, it does not always mean there is a fault with hardware. If a driver gets corrupted or some files are missing, a re-install will fix that .
so in future pls mind ur language and confirm ur knowlegde abt things before insulting someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom