Blue-Ray Disc and HDDVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

nil_3

In the zone
Whether any Forum-Member experienced any movie/Video contained in a Blue-Ray Disc and HDDVD. What are the titles available. Whether the file-formats are the same as that of DVD-Video(i.e. Audio_TS and Video_TS folders and .vob, .BUP and .ifo files) or different? Whether the size of the video is 720-576(as of DVD-video) or more?

goobimama

 Macboy
Blu-ray and HD-DVD plays High Definition Video, that is, either 720p(1280x720 resolution) or mostly 1080p (1920x1080). Currently each of these formats has about 130 titles in their basket.

The workings are totally different from a DVD, that is, you need a HDCP graphics card along with a HDCP monitor (so you cannot make rips off it). You would also require a high end machine to decode the video, without which it would start dropping frames (stuttering video). They however work well on standalone Blu-ray/HD-DVD players.

I have not experienced blu-ray per se, but I have got some high definition movies on my HDD. Amazing clarity, much much much better than DVD. I've got like 5 movies in High Definition...

OP
nil_3

nil_3

In the zone
goobimama said:
I have got some high definition movies on my HDD. Amazing clarity, much much much better than DVD. I've got like 5 movies in High Definition...

Whether these "high definition movies" that you have are of the resolution as you mentioned in your reply post? I just want to know whether they are kind of DVDrip or actual. By what player you are playing these movies in your PC?
Will you mind if I ask how you got those movies? I just want to experience some HDDVD or Blue-ray video.

goobimama

 Macboy
I got them off of hdbits.org a private bittorrent tracker. They are all 1280x720 resolution but some are 1920x1080 res. The two don't make a big difference on my 24 inch screen so I just stick to the 720p.

They are ripped from I think HDTV broadcasts, I don't know how though. Might I ask you what screen you have? Cause its pointless watching HD content on a 17 inch monitor....

You also need a fast enough processor + GPU to keep it going smooth...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom