• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

Blu ray rw !!!

maheshn

Journeyman
hi,

any1 got a blu ray rw ??? plz do suggest me ...

Thanx

Pardon the asking, but do you mean Blu-ray writer drive or blank media?

In case it's a drive, I own 1 ASUS 12x Writer (Liteon OEM) and 1 ASUS 16x Writer (LG OEM) in different systems. What do you wish to know about it?

OP
ax3

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
ooops , my mistake ... blu ray riter ... are they worth buying now ??? or should i stick with my dvd riter only ...

maheshn

Journeyman
Well, if you are planning on writing a lot of discs, count on it being pretty expensive. One 25GB single layer BD-R (not a rewritable, a write-once disc) can cost anywhere from about Rs.200/- up. Double-layer and higher discs are made, but are very hard to find in the market.

For archival purposes you get "M-Disc" or "Millenniata" branded blanks, which are still costlier. They are certified to last for 1000 years (!?)
An M-Disc BD-R 35GB five pack costs approximately 2600/- on amazon.

In short, if you really want or need the drive, go for it. It will also write CD's and DVD's without any problem.

Minion

Conversation Architect
ooops , my mistake ... blu ray riter ... are they worth buying now ??? or should i stick with my dvd riter only ...

If you want to play blu ray disc then get it otherwise external harddrive are much better option than blu ray for storing data.

Get something from liteon or LG.

OP
ax3

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
thanx 4 advice ... its better to stick with dvd & hdd now ... thanx 4 ur replies ... appreciate it ...

Top Bottom