Blu-ray DVD Writers

Status
Not open for further replies.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc

*www.blu-ray.com/drives/

DVD writers which cost approx. US$ 1000 !!!

*www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters.php?D...erby=Name&hits=50&Submit=Search&Search=Search

so wait atleast 2-3 yrs to buy......:D

Mangal Pandey

Journeyman
Re: Blue-ray DVD Writers

24online said:
DVD writers which cost approx. US$ 1000 !!!

which comes out to be INR 44000/- It seems to be a classic case, where the hair gets bigger than the head itself. (ie I mean, Blue Ray Drive getting costlier than the whole CPU itself)

amitava82

MMO Addict

^^ first time when DVD writer came out it was priced about 30K(i remember it was on Digit). So no wonder. someday it will be 2K. I'll be waiting till then :grin:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

I will buy when it hits 4k spot. And yes cost of media should also be in range.

Sourabh

Laptoping

It is Blu-ray (editing the post title)

I got a DVD writer in late 2006 for 1,700 Rs. I really wonder if I would ever get an optical drive with blue ray laser diode anytime soon.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
i got myself a DVD-Writer when it was 5 K ....5 months later price dropped to 3 K :(....i'll buy a Blue-Ray one when media gets to 30 Rs. n the drive gets to arnd 3 K :)) :lol:

Sourabh

Laptoping
BlackBerry7100g said:
i got myself a DVD-Writer when it was 5 K ....5 months later price dropped to 3 K :(....i'll buy a Blue-Ray one when media gets to 30 Rs. n the drive gets to arnd 3 K :)) :lol:

Thanks for bumping a 80-day old thread. Blu-ray drives won't get so affordable for another two years, atleast. So, you can continue to dream on..hehe

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman

Mangal Pandey said:
which comes out to be INR 44000/- It seems to be a classic case, where the hair gets bigger than the head itself. (ie I mean, Blue Ray Drive getting costlier than the whole CPU itself)

How did you come to this conclusion dude! :eek: Rupee has gone stronger these days $1.00 = Rs.41/40.00 (and decreasing) or so hence $1,000 would be around 41,000/40,000.00.;) Dunno about the taxes though.:confused:

goobimama

 Macboy
Btw, a Blu-ray writer nowadays is available (in the States) for a $500. The prices are coming down...

HD DVD writers on the other hand are even cheaper...

VexByte

Norms Buster
It will take 5 more years for Blu-ray DVD Writers to hijack the current position of DVD Writers(cost-wise).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom