Blocking Emails frm a Company...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
I want to block some emails which i had subscribed in Past. Everyday many of these emails come and my INBOX gets full. And also they havnt given a link for unsbscrribing to them.
Can anyone plz help?

i strongly recommend u to shift to gmail .
I had the same problems too in my yahoo mail but then i shifted to gmail and all problems gone..........

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
Yes, Gmail is much much better than Yahoo! Mail. But I think that giving you a solution instead of an advice would be more appropriate.

In Yahoo! Mail (Classic not the new Beta version)

1. On the home page, click on options (It's on the top right corner).
2. Go to Mail Options>>Management>>Filters.
3. Add a filter filling all the appropriate options.

Though the Yahoo! filter isn't that good, it does filter out about 75-80% of the mails.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
rahul_becks23 said:
i strongly recommend u to shift to gmail .

shifting ur primary email isnt that easy....

its been 3 year since i have stoped using Hotmail ID... still i get imprtant emails there... i have made sure that i nofity all my contats, but then again u'll never know how many others know ur email address...

:confused: :confused:

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
Most email services today have an automatic mail forwarding option. Thus if you want to change your primary email id, send a mail to all your contacts with your new email id, and those people who still send you mails on the old id, you can get them forwarded to your new account ;).

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
ApoorvKhatreja said:
Most email services today have an automatic mail forwarding option. Thus if you want to change your primary email id, send a mail to all your contacts with your new email id, and those people who still send you mails on the old id, you can get them forwarded to your new account ;).

only gmail offers this as free service... :(

Pathik

Google Bot
Gmail is the best... u can also ue labels to avoid this spam..

Last edited:

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Yeah .. when you mark any mail as Spam, the sender is added to your Blocked Sender list. You wont get those emails unless they send it from a different address.

OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Now i hav started using GMAIL.
But its quite difficult to switch from ur 4 or 5 years old e mail ID

yes it is ......... but soon u'll forget yahoomail and think that u have been using gmail forever and will love it sooo much that u will think that u will use it forever ur life ............ google rocks , u know .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom