block sender button in yahoo mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

gramesh

Journeyman
Hi
can anyone please help, I find the block sender button available in the *mail.sify.com/ but the same button is not seen in *mail.yahoo.com/. Hoe to block some senders .

Regards

G.Ramesh

Saharika

In the zone
naveenchandran said:
I think they have given that as SPAM button
but i think for free account the number we can block is limited they say so generally doesnt help much....
especially ,i have heard that some sites sells thier email data base or so for further spamming so normally when one enter email add on some lottery or some sites ...then u better be ready for bulk of mail....
so may be yahoo will put better option for us next time.

Ashis

In the zone
gramesh said:
Hi
can anyone please help, I find the block sender button available in the *mail.sify.com/ but the same button is not seen in *mail.yahoo.com/. Hoe to block some senders .

Regards

G.Ramesh

Go To -->MailOption>Block Addresses< & block Individual Addresses!

OP
G

gramesh

Journeyman
Hi naveenchandran

as I replied earlier the spam button is available when we open the in box but when we open the BULK folder the spam button is missing. Is there a way to block addressess when we open the bulk folder?

Hi Ashis

that option is visible on the page when u open the inbox, BUT TO BLOCK SENDERS U HAVE TO OPEN THE MESSAGE AND GET THE ADDRESS AND TYPE IN THE ADDRESS IN MAIL OPTIONS, THEN WHAT IS THE USE OF THIS ? WE R SPENDING TIME AND EFFORT ON THIS, WHAT ONE NEEDS IS SELECT THE MESSAGE AND PRESS THE BLOCKSENDER BUTTON! IS IT NOT?

Ashis

In the zone
gramesh said:
Hi naveenchandran
Hi Ashis

that option is visible on the page when u open the inbox, BUT TO BLOCK SENDERS U HAVE TO OPEN THE MESSAGE AND GET THE ADDRESS AND TYPE IN THE ADDRESS IN MAIL OPTIONS, THEN WHAT IS THE USE OF THIS ? WE R SPENDING TIME AND EFFORT ON THIS, WHAT ONE NEEDS IS SELECT THE MESSAGE AND PRESS THE BLOCKSENDER BUTTON! IS IT NOT?

Ok Ok When I Start My Own eMail Service I Would Definitly provide That.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:arrow: Google Watch Out I am Coming

naveenchandran

In the zone
Hi gramesh

The Bulk folder is in fact meant for all those spam!!
Don't Worry about that. It will not add up to your account storage space.
They will be cleared every month by default.
If it is annoying you you can set in options to clear it every day or every week.

For that go to Mail Options -> Spam Protection ->
In Spam Filter

set the option
Immediately delete these messages upon receipt. (Note: If you choose this option, you will not be able to review the messages before they are deleted.)

That's it :D :D

Regards

OP
G

gramesh

Journeyman
Hi naveenchandran

I just find the following method which will allow one to review as well as allow
to block sender is open the bulk folder send the mail to inbox from there one can directly block sender or can review the message if interested. That's it!

Regards. :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom