blank screen after resolution switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

d

Journeyman
there seems to be a problem whenever i switch resolutions.. for example.. when i run windows media player in fullscreen resolution.. or when i run the command prompt in fullscreen.. and i switch back.. or exit the visualisation, my screen goes totally blank and all i can see is .. the mouse pointer.. sometimes i can't even see that.. i'm forced to hard-reset everytime.. any ideas why this problem's caused? i'm running a 6800gt on AGP.. latest drivers i think.. with all the control panel eye candy..

thanks in advance..

Stalker

Padawan
reinstalling ur OS may fix the problem........i think

make sure u have the latest drvrs & directX version

OP
D

d

Journeyman
well.. i've just reinstalled my OS... and the display driver along with it.. so perhaps i should switch to an older version? anyone knows any known issues with this version?

Stalker

Padawan
r u using the 91 series forceware drivers?? i feel that the older 81 series r quite stable.
did this problem occur when u upgraded ur video drivers??

OP
D

d

Journeyman
yea i guess... i changed my video card too at the same time.. maybe i should do a driver rollback and install the older drivers... cos vista runs fine.. and it uses just the nvidia drivers.. didnt install the nvidia control panel thing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom