paul_007

Padawan
i upgraded my system 5 dayz back to

p4 2.8 ghz dual core
intel 946 mobo
512 ddr2 667mhz ram
80 gb hard disk
xfx 7600gt 256 mb

monitor is old one purchaased in year 2000(vintron monitor)

machine is assembled but when i try to install drivers for graphic card then after installation my monitor screen goes black,even when i restart my pc the screen becomes black after showing XP logo. i have to boot up in safe mode and uninstall nvidia drivers then my pc works fine, so right now i am using onboard video and my graphic card is lying waste

pls help

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
some old monitors dont support modern graphics cards n their drivers......
my friend had bought a 6200tc then ended up buying a new monitor so that he could use his graphics card

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
paul_007 said:
i upgraded my system 5 dayz back to

p4 2.8 ghz dual core
intel 946 mobo
512 ddr2 667mhz ram
80 gb hard disk
xfx 7600gt 256 mb

monitor is old one purchaased in year 2000(vintron monitor)

machine is assembled but when i try to install drivers for graphic card then after installation my monitor screen goes black,even when i restart my pc the screen becomes black after showing XP logo. i have to boot up in safe mode and uninstall nvidia drivers then my pc works fine, so right now i am using onboard video and my graphic card is lying waste

pls help

Monitor should not be a problem, even I was using LG purchased in 2003 with 7800GT, or on the other hand it could be as codename_romeo said. Try installing the latest forceware 93.71 drivers from nvidia site and see if that helps.

shantanu

Technomancer
just press F8 during boot up the same screen will appear as in going to safe mode and then click on enable VGA mode after that your PC will start then decrease the resolution and refresh rate to 60 Hz or optimal if 15" try 640*480 and after that increase it to 800*600

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
It sounds to be the refresh rate & wrong (higher) resolution set by default with the new graphic card which ur old monitor is not supporting.

OP
P

paul_007

Padawan
shantanu_webmaster said:
just press F8 during boot up the same screen will appear as in going to safe mode and then click on enable VGA mode after that your PC will start then decrease the resolution and refresh rate to 60 Hz or optimal if 15" try 640*480 and after that increase it to 800*600

i tried this method...but when i log in safe mode...the resolution is already 640x480 at 60hz refresh rate

now again i have 2 spend 8000 RS.....

anyway guys thnx for ur help

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
oh my god hey buddy the resolution yo have to apply those settings again do it as 800*600 and then 60 hz your pc will work fine...

OP
P

paul_007

Padawan
shantanu_webmaster said:
oh my god hey buddy the resolution yo have to apply those settings again do it as 800*600 and then 60 hz your pc will work fine...

thnx 4 help ...i will try wat u said..... :)

escape7

What? Where? How?
Connect your monitor cable to the graphics card, instead of the onboard VGA output. That should help. Do it after you have installed the drivers for your graphics card. Thats it!

OP
P

paul_007

Padawan
escape7 said:
Connect your monitor cable to the graphics card, instead of the onboard VGA output. That should help. Do it after you have installed the drivers for your graphics card. Thats it!

thnx 4 help but my monitor cable is already connected to gfx cards and one thing more..once u have connected ur gfx card ur system wont run on onboard video i mean after connecting ur gfx cards if u put ur monitor cable on onboard socket then ur pc wont boot up

@shantanu_webmaster

i tried wat u said but still not working thnx everyone for help

today i am goin 4 samsung 17 in. lcd monitor
now finally 2 weekks my gfx card will b in use :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom