blank cds!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
well this is a peculiar problem....my sony cd writer(crx 230ed) is showing a certain cd as being blank whereas my friends' lg cd writer as well as combo drive can read it perfectly.
i m totally clueless. any answers???

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
its real strange

now as ur writer is showing it blank, try to burn some data on it

may be then , things will be more clear

hafees

In the zone
your cd may be burned without closing the session. (i.e Multi session CD) but is not compatible with ur sony drive. Check how much space is available in the CD. It should only show the remaining space (i.e it should be < 700 MB). (To get disc information from Nero press Ctrl + I or select menu Recorder -> Disc Info). If u burn the cd using ur sony drive, the other data may not be readable by any drive.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Even i have a sony drive. This is some kind of problem with sony drives. This is the first sign that your lens is becoming weak. Take it to the service station.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
or maybe it's a dvd... not cd..

multisession disc can be read by cd writers... atleast from the last 2-3 years

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
No dude that's not the problem. 8)

Your CD Drive is reading the wrong volume.If you have Windows 98 then just do this -

Go to My Computer -> Right Click on the CD Rom icon -> Properties -> Volumes -> Select the correct one .

Windows 98 gives you this nice feature to switch between different volumes created by multisession recording.

In most probability the case with your disc is that , this "another" volume might be blank & since Windows by default selected this volume it is showing it obviously as having 0 Bytes in My Computer.

But what I want you to understand is that this does not necessarily mean that the entire disc is blank.Change the Volume and your problem would be solved.

Do get back here to tell us what happened. :)

Charley

Just Do It
abhishekkulkarni said:
No dude that's not the problem. 8)

Your CD Drive is reading the wrong volume.If you have Windows 98 then just do this -

Go to My Computer -> Right Click on the CD Rom icon -> Properties -> Volumes -> Select the correct one .

Windows 98 gives you this nice feature to switch between different volumes created by multisession recording.

In most probability the case with your disc is that , this "another" volume might be blank & since Windows by default selected this volume it is showing it obviously as having 0 Bytes in My Computer.

But what I want you to understand is that this does not necessarily mean that the entire disc is blank.Change the Volume and your problem would be solved.

Do get back here to tell us what happened. :)

I'd this same prob before , it was exactly due to the volume and not cos of the lens or Sony prob or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom