BitTorrent not working after Azureus Install in FC4

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Seems, i'm having a lot of problems these days.

I was using the official BItTorrent client 4.4.0 for handling my torrents. Everything went fine. Two days back i installed Azureus 2.4.4, and I find it an excellent software. But since that i'm having some trouble with BT. BT is downloading/uploaing nothing. I cant see even a single peer in the peer list. But my finished torrents are able to seed.

I thought the port 6881 has been reserved by Azureus, and tried changing that in BT. but still not working. I've a little knowledge in these Torrents thingy.

I'm using FC4 with all latest updates.

mediator

Technomancer
Sorry for that but How do u use bit torrent ? How to use azureus..I also installed it but dont know ow it works?

OP
desertwind

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
You have to download a .torrent file. There's a lot of sites for that. After that open this torrent file with azureus. That's all.

Checkout this simple tutorial by drgrudge.

*ashwinr.com/2006/01/25/how-to-download-stuffs-using-torrents/

eddie

El mooooo
desertwind said:
Two days back i installed Azureus 2.4.4, and I find it an excellent software. But since that i'm having some trouble with BT. BT is downloading/uploaing nothing. I cant see even a single peer in the peer list. But my finished torrents are able to seed.
Are these downloads working in Azureus? Did you first download a small part with BT, then Azureus and and then tried to use BT again? If yes, then you've made a huge mistake. afaik Azureus adds a small info to its downloads for "quick resuming" thus making all other clients unable to write anything to that data. You have to use Azureus only and there is a fat chance that using BT over this data might have corrupted it.

OP
desertwind

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
I'm not trying to resume downloads in a different client. I've 3 torrents in queue in BT, which are about 50 - 80 % complete. At that time I installed Azureus and added some other torrents to it. Azureus is working fine with its torrents, and it has nothing to do with the torrents in BT queue. But i'm not able to see a single peer in the peer list, while all these 3 torrents were getting excellent speeds before. Also there is a NAT error for BT, while Azuereus has nothing. And mind you, i'm not running these two programs sumultaneously. I run a program at a time.

My Post count : 666 - I'm a devil now !

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Have you tried to close the bittorrent client and starting it again. I just downloaded azureuz 2.4.0 and after running it for 2 mins, I too started having the same problem with BitTornado as you've had with BitTorrent but closing the client and reopening the torrent did work for me. The torrent is now running fine.

OP
desertwind

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
But it didn't worked for me. I tried closing and opening it several times.

BTW, do you mean to remove the torrent and add it again ?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
No not removing the torrent. I just had to restart the client. Hmm well then I guess I don't have any more ideas.

eddie

El mooooo
Try removing the torrents from Bittorrent client and then remove the .bittorrent directory from your home directory. Launch bittorrent again and then see if you can connect or not.

parthbarot

In the zone
use opera 9 beta TP for bittorent...it just load .torrent file and downloads the contents of torrents...gives good speed..

OP
desertwind

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
parthbarot said:
use opera 9 beta TP for bittorent...it just load .torrent file and downloads the contents of torrents...gives good speed..

This is spamming.

This tread regards to the Official BT Client problem. I dont want a new client.

OP
desertwind

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
eddie said:
Try removing the torrents from Bittorrent client and then remove the .bittorrent directory from your home directory. Launch bittorrent again and then see if you can connect or not.

Still not working.

eddie

El mooooo
Tried launching it from command line? Looks like some library has been messed up.

Start Bittorrent and no other Internet using application. After 3-4 minutes, launch command "netstat -atp" as root in a command line and see if Bittorrent is making any connections or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom