Bitcomet on dialup woes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranavrahul

Journeyman
Hi guyz, i have dial up internet and i use bitcomet to download files but...as soon i start bitcomet my browing and chatting speeds drops down miserebly......pages won't open and the download is not too fast also. Is there any resourse light or fast bittorrent client rather than bit comet PLZ HELP

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Re: Bitcomet!!

Well you can cap the download and upload speeds. But, many trackers have banned BitComet as it does not adhere to BitTorrent protocol. You can try out uTorrent. It is just a 154kb exe file. And it is recommended by many users.

Last edited by a moderator:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Re: Bitcomet!!

Ya, utorrent and azarues are highly recommended. I personally use utorrent to download large files. Just cap the upload speed to around 1/4th of the max download speed. In case of my 256kbps broadband, the max download speed I can get (theoretically) is 32kbps, so I capped the max upload speed as 5kbps and the download speed is configured as unlimited. So for your 56kbps dialup, I think you get a max download theoretically of 5-7kbps (practically it is 4kbps, I had dialup previously and used to get that), so cap your upload speed to 1kbps in utorrent from it's configuration settings.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Yaaa Indyan is really Right! Bitcomet is really stable and also will allow simultenous surfing if you got atleast 256KBPS.
And About the upload thing i think its really so unfair having the upload speed at about 1/4 th od download. Its total leeching.
Some of the Torrent sites that supports leeching will require you to upload atleast at 80% of the download speed to get to the optimal download. And yes this will also effect the download speed in some cases. So for 256 KBPS you should atleast have 22 Kbps and unlimited ( 32Kbps) download speed.
Keep the torrents alive ! And on 80% theres nothing to lose absolutly. ONLY GAIN! Peace

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Ah guys.. Do we get open ports on dialup? I dont think torrents are meant for dialup!

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
One thing that you can do.
Limit the number of peer connection and also the number of connections per torrent. This won't affect you in any way and it'll rather help you as you get less redundant data and more importantly as I have observed you can browse while you leech.

It's an assumption which is hold true logically. I don't want to get into the details, if you guys are interested then I can post abt it later. I am lazy to post abt that now. :p

Indyan said:
Torrent client has got nothing to do with his problem.
Torrent client has got nothing to do with his problem.
Yes, it does. To be precise, it does with the case of Bitcomet. And to be even more specific, then the older versions are to be blamed. I think the problem is sort of fixed now.

kalpik said:
Ah guys.. Do we get open ports on dialup? I dont think torrents are meant for dialup!
I used to run torrents on good old dial up during the Suprnova days and per hour the rate was more than 35rs. :D

kalpik

Hmm.. But did you get an open port? I tried running torrents on dialup, and i always got a NAT error..

drgrudge

Well, I don't know how it worked but I have downloaded with dial up connection also. I can't try that now as I don't have a 56k modem card in my PC.

kalpik

Yeah.. i mean they ran with the NAT error too.. But torrents work the best if u have an open port na..

drgrudge

^^
That depends on how you describe "best". :p

You'll get 30-31kBps for a 256k line (or 4-5kBps with dial-up), then why do you worry abt NAT, DHT and all the BS?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
hey guys help me in cofig of utorrent i am unable to upload anything on bwtorrents.i so feed up that i now downloading utorrent.pls help me in its setting.port no nat dht or whatever.

kalpik

gary4gar said:
hey guys help me in cofig of utorrent i am unable to upload anything on bwtorrents.i so feed up that i now downloading utorrent.pls help me in its setting.port no nat dht or whatever.
What connection are you using? What modem?

kalpik

PM Qwerty.. He has a huawei modem, not wireless though.. He can help you with configuring port forwarding on that modem..
Open *192.168.1.1
User: admin
Pass: admin
Just look for NAT/Virtual Server, add your private IP address there, and enter the port you use for torrents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom