Progress = 67.1%
Remaining = 938.50MB

Total Downloaded = 2.90 GB
Total Uploaded = 1.28 GB

I ve posted a screen shot plz refer to it for any details

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Its not gone crazy :x
This will happen everytime one downloads a huge file or even a 600MB file or so.
I dont know whether its a bug or maybe the network just functions like that. It will happen with every torrent client. There maybe several reasons:

1) The data fails the hash check (data is corrupt, incomplete or other ways unusable) so is disarded. When this happens the data will simply be requested and downloaded again. This amount is displayed as "rubbish data dropped" in the Summary section.

2) The data does not match the request, so it's discarded. It wasn't what BitTorrent/BitComet requested so it has to be thrown away. When this happens the correct data will be requested until the data matching the request is received.

You can decrease this difference by a few following tips:
1. Use an IPFilter to stop your client from downloading from locations that are known to be bad and may force bad data upon you.

2. Limit the amount of peers you're connecting to. (Do it from Preferences->Advanced->Max. simultaneous Connections)

Hope this was useful. :wink:

OP
kumarmohit

kumarmohit

Technomancer
but in front of ttl data dloaded it only says 36 MB rubbish data dropped and around 5-6 mb rubbish data dropped in current session details surely its not that much if that rubbish is dropped and is shown correctly plz see the thumbnail's full pic hope its just a bug

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
I know about that,
but like all clients, Bitcomet also discards the bad chunk of files away without reporting it, not knowing what to do with it.
Trust me, when you're at 96-97% downloaded, suddenly you'll discover the downloading gets over immediately and it starts building output.

You can also decrease the count by assigning priority to one of the files as "Very High" in a torrent. This will ensure it asks for data for a single file only, & hopefully, lesser invalid chunks.
So, overall, there isnt much loss, since you're leaching, you must be ready to accept a little loss. :wink:

Sourabh

Laptoping
For more info, read The torrent is supposed to be xxMB but I've downloaded xxMB (greater than the actual size), why does it do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom