Status
Not open for further replies.

hack expert

In the zone
well does anybody know how to tweak up bit comet or bit torrent
so as to get higher speeds

i have tried bitcomet accelerator but no use

are there any registry tweaks?
i`ve got a 256 kbps connection n still i get 3-4 kBps download speeds while uploading at 5-6 kBps i`ve tried all the settings but no use

while in other downloads i get a good 20-30KBps
guys please help me out

i`ve also heard that port forwarding helps in increasing bandwidth have any of u guys tried that if yes then please give link to the procedure

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Your ISP has probably blocked the ports required by BitComet.
I have the same problem because my ISP has blocked port 6881 which is needed by Azureus, so even I have to suffer low speeds downloading torrents.

ashish827

Broken In
Slow speeds are usuall caused by low upload rate by peers and some connectivity problems. Try changing the port out of the 6881-6889(default bittorrent ports) to anything else ... try 49152 for instance . Or you could try downloading another
torrent with more seeds and see if the speed changes...pm me if you want some torrent sites

PS To change Port in bitcomet go to Options --> Preferences --> Listen Port : 49152

thecyclone2k

In the zone
It depends upon the user from you are downloading. If he has dialup how do you expect to get 30kbps download speed from him. There are rare possibilites that you can get better speeds in p2p than http.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Try downloading this file and paste it into the BitComet directory, replacing the original file.

*rapidshare.de/files/3123198/BitComet.xml.html

It works great for me and gave me a boost of 30kBps in BitComet. Has worked for many others too.

Do remember to backup the original file in case you want to revrt back to the previous state. And it works ONLY for BitComet.

Charley

Just Do It
Huh, Seems none of you'll browse the TUTORIAL section in here. There is a tutorial dedicated for it and how to speed it up, etc.

Please ensure you go thru the TUTORIAL before u post.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18712&highlight=bittorrent

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15654&highlight=bittorrent

Charley

Just Do It
@Mahesh - Why r u acting so dumb ,didnt I mention the link just above ur post, still u keep asking.

Dont be lazy, find it for urself !!!

RFLOL..... [U wanna PM] for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom