BIOSHOCK sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratzee199

Journeyman
hi friends...
yesterday I bought the Bioshock PC version (original...normal version...remember there are two version of this game NORMAL EDITION and COLLECTOR's EDITION with BIG DADDY figureine) and i rushed to my home. I installed this game..downloaded the latest patch from internet (automatically..it requires a internet connection)...and activated my copy. I installed it in my Vista ultimate partition. Vista shows that the over all GAME RATING is 2.0, while my PC has a rating of 5.0.
Now the fun starts. STARTED THE GAME...AWESOME GRAPHICS...EVERYTHING WAS IN HIGH SETTINGS..AA (2x) & except VSYNC..plane crashed...i heard all the screaming...i was floating...and...SOUND GOES OFF....from that point of time...I am not able to hear anything...VISUALS are really great and it is running very smoothly....only EXCEPT the SOUND...
Now can anyone please help me to fix this problem. Yesterday i have visited 2Ks forum...there many members post the same thing...and 2K is working on this...many members are suggesting to download and install FMOD and OPEN AL..to fix this..many says that we should play it in XP compatible mode etc..etc...
please help as it is really awesome game and I have waited a long for this game....

regards
Jay

Third Eye

gooby pls
Arsenal_Gunners said:
I faced the same problem,the game is broken:x

WTF

@ratzee199: Do u have inbuilt soundcard? If so then update your drivers and make sure EAX is disabled from the game.

OP
ratzee199

ratzee199

Journeyman
yess..i hv inbuilt sound card..i hv tried everything..disabling EAX...stereo mode( though i hv 5.1 speaker system)..i hv reinstalled updated drivers realtec 1.79, nvidia driver for my 8600 gts ...everything...even i hv updated my copy of windows from windowsupdate.com
i have done almost everything whatever is in my knowledge...but still no sound..

Stalker

Padawan
Got my hands on Bioshock today....
But the same problem...
there is sound till the plane crashes.....then the sound just goes off.

~Really disappointing~

@arsenal_gunners

Do u mean run in XP compatibility mode?? coz i'm running Vista 32bit.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I don't have that problem.I also used vista x86 for Bioshock.I think this problem arises with onboard sound cards.

OP
ratzee199

ratzee199

Journeyman
yes...i m talking about XP compatible mode...but today i'll try it in XP SP 2...lets see...

for more on this problem...refer to this website..

*forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10663

u can see a lot of gamers form all over the world facing the same problem...though they have some very good PC configuration

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
@Stalker-No I mean real xp.Compat. mode did not not work.
@Whatever eye-What will you call a game which comes with "games for windows" label and gives problems in most of the vista systems?
@Harvik-I read that even people with HD cards were having the problem.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
stop flamin guys

this game is buggy (audio stuttering) and sometimes memory leaks.

But still its one of the best of 2007

rajasekharan

Youngling
yes, its one of the best in 2007, i love it a lot, playing 2nd round now..:). well, am using xp and so far, no problem at all...:)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The game is definetly buggy.When I started out & loaded one of my quick save points & it crashed or came up with wierd screen & would not load at all.Then banged my head around on google for 2 hours & got the solution to switch of High Details Shaders & that did the trick & thankfully after that there was no crashes till now.

The sound problem I have heard used to get resolved by switching the EAX setting off.Apart from that till now haven't ever experienced any sound hitches till now.

p_d5010

Journeyman
search "tweak bioshock" on google, u will get a link showing to edit the game's .ini file, i did it and my sound problem was gone :)....i just edited the sound streams to some value like 4, cant remember, just google it!

Offtopic(and in wrong section sorry pls dont crucify me): I urgently need bwtorrents and dctorrents invitation.
My mail id is p_d5010@rediffmail.com
Or please pm me the codes

Thanks

OP
ratzee199

ratzee199

Journeyman
well i guess my problem has been solved...well I am started playing it in XP SP2..and guess what..it is working just fine...still no problem with sound or anything....i hv installed latest Nvidia, and Realtec drivers...

well...that's all from me for now....Happy gaming...

OP
ratzee199

ratzee199

Journeyman
Stalker said:
Is 2K going to release a patch to fix this issue in future??

go to 2K's forum for Bioshock...dat i hv posted earlier...it seems that they are not doing anything for this...at least for now...

Stalker

Padawan
OK, i got The sound working in Vista...

dunno exactly how but

1. I have installed OpenAL
2. Had installed FMOD, but then uninstalled it

//But i think the following steps helped

3. goto Bioshock\Builds\Release, Make the game run in XP sp2 compatibility mode.

4. (V.Imp) >> Right click on this file & say run as administartor.

Dont do this on any shortcut!

>>The funny thing is....i had done this before, but it didnt work that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom