BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Go the manufacturer's website and download the latest version. When you 'flash' your BIOS, be very careful as a power failure could lead to your mobo being rendered useless.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
there cud be a utility present in ur MOBO CD that will contain a software that connects to the manufacturer's site to download updates ,i do remember there sure is software present for gigabyte mobo's ... cant remember the name though!!

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Most manufacturers provide the option to update the BIOS online. That is, the CMOS is reprogrammed directly via the Internet. But this is not advisable as it carries more risk than offline flashing. Any interruption in your connection to their website could seriously corrupt the BIOS, perhaps even making it impossible to start your computer.

In general, the mobo manufacturer will have a downloadable file for making a bootable floppy disk. The floppy carries the updated BIOS data. You boot with the floppy and carry out the instructions.

If for any reason the flashing process does not complete properly, do NOT turn off the computer. If you turn it off, the BIOS will probably get corrupted. Just repeat the flashing process.

Carefully read the manufacturer's instructions. It's not a good idea to make a big jump in the BIOS version. E.g., if your BIOS is v1.0 and the manufacturer has v1.2, 1.5 and 2.0, flashing may not be successful if you jump straight to 2.0. Follow the manufacturer's recommendations.

Also, there are often variants of the same basic model. E.g., a manufacturer may have motherboard models ABCD-X and ABCD-Y. These two models may have different BIOS'es that are not compatible with each other. Use only the update file intended for your specific model.

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Yet no Solved

The major problem is that I don't even know the name of my mobo's manufacturer. Is there any software to do so?

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
grinning_devil said:
there cud be a utility present in ur MOBO CD that will contain a software that connects to the manufacturer's site to download updates ,i do remember there sure is software present for gigabyte mobo's ... cant remember the name though!!
plz if u can get that software plz tell abt that 2 me, it wud be a great boon 2 me. by the wy i'm using VIA's mobo. Thanx.

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bud..normally these softs are in ur utilities folder of CD ...if ur using VIA so most prob..u must have Award Bios .....so just install Everest from swats link ..chk ur Mobo...get the update from site...and follow the instructions given on the site to make bootable floppy with Flashing tool and Updated BIOS.... search Here

Remember if any thing goes wrong while flashing your mobo can turn useless for ever...so be carefull while flashing

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
swatkat said:
Try these, FreshDiagnose, Everest Lavalys Home Edition.

Thanx

Now i have everest

downloaded updates for my BIOS.

but they r in .bin format

can i install them using my win instead of copying it on da floppy.

isn't there any executer for it.

Plz help.

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
q3_abhi said:
THis is already given in digit mazine.Read it.I dont remember the issue month.

Plz force ur mind, tell me which issue. Is it of 2005 only.

I've DIGIT issues from Oct 2003 to May 2005.

Plz tell me which issue. Plz :roll: .

Atleast if u tell me da issue even if i don't hav da issue i can read it from DIGIT CD where they hav archived da 36 issues.

Plz tell me which month plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom